Rule 1 F-150

8,235 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FWIW I run Mobil 1 oil and filter in my 2016 F150 and change at 5500 or so. I don't pay attention to the oil life reading.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Usually change when it gets to about 20%

If it makes you feel better go ahead.
Ags-R-Better
Kmac30 - mind sharing what Fabien charges for the ceramic all around? Did you get the pano moonroof done as well (if equipped)?
kmac30
AG
Paid 350 for 5 windows. No moonroof.
The Wonderer
AG
I change my oil when my truck says to because that's its job.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
kmac30 said:

Paid 350 for 5 windows. No moonroof.
IMO worth it on darker colored cars.

My E55 has HuperOptik ceramic and the previous owner paid 875 for it....
GarlandAg2012
AG
This. Why would a guess that isn't influence by your driving conditions/habits be better than a computer that's constantly recording how you drive and updating the estimate based on real data?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Ford offers two systems.

An Intelligent Oil Life Monitor (IOLM) and an Oil minder system.

Personally, going on conventional oil, I wouldn't push much past 7,500 mile intervals.

Synthetic and blends are a different story.
62strat
AG
Sad day.. the first truck I've actually owned (previous 3 were company trucks).. and only 1.5 years in and it's totaled.

But.. I get another one!

Here she is, in her totaled state.. hard to imagine there is enough issue with the truck in these pictures that it's deemed a total loss.

GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm confused. Totaled? Did I miss something?
Silvy
AG
Hail (possibly acorn) damage.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ah now I see it in the other thread. That sucks!
62strat
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Ah now I see it in the other thread. That sucks!
yeh, the close ups tell another story!

Crazy hail storm. Biggest hails storm loss in CO state history (according to my buddy who works in emergency management for the state)

$1.4 billion in claims so far (storm was two weeks ago), previous record was $845m in '09.
sts7049
AG
ah, i saw a few youtube dash cam vids from that one. looked brutal.
62strat
AG
Well, out with the old, in with the... older?

Yeh yeh, short box. What good is a 6.5' box anyway.. still can't fit a sheet of plywood flat in there!
I considered this exact same vehicle, one year newer, 15K less miles, and just a few grand more, but 6.5' box. I measured last night, my clearance in garage from wall to garage door is 20'-7".
6.5' box overall is 20'-3.7"... that's a little too close for my taste. That is dent in the sheetrock within 3 months.
RCR06
AG
So what's the 1ags contact for ford's deal? I don't come to this board much, but I'm in the market for and f-150 and I've seen it referenced in several threads.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
RCR06 said:

So what's the 1ags contact for ford's deal? I don't come to this board much, but I'm in the market for and f-150 and I've seen it referenced in several threads.

If you hjavent yet, email me at username at gmail dot com
RCR06
AG
Thanks, I was the one who emailed you this morning.
kmac30
AG
Well a strange noise started happening yesterday on the truck. At first I thought it was gust of wind that changed the sound of the wind rushing over the truck. Didn't think anything of it.

Today however it was back. It sounds like ball bearings in a can mixed with a plastic bag being blown in the wind. That rustling sound. I was able to get it on video. At the end of the video the sounds stops. you can also hear the sound from outside i believe. It only seems to happen at highway speeds.

The vitals all seem normal. No check engine light. Don't notice any loss in power. It only happens under boost but doesn't happen every time.

Can i send this video to someone so you can post it?

Its under warranty still but wanting to get some feedback. Quick google search i couldn't find this problem on other trucks.
91AggieLawyer
AG
10K interval with synthetic is fine. Many OEMs, including Toyota, are doing this with their vehicles.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.