My dad totaled his X5 last week

8,439 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by VitruvianAg
aggiebq03+
How long do you want to ignore this user?
X5 M seems like it would be pretty different from and X5 if he needs a change.

Corps_Ag12
AG
Go all in.

One word.

Quadrifoglio

aTm2004
AG
Pfffft

maverick12
AG
We haven't had any issues with our '14 JGC. It's the Overland package and the interior is super nice. The F-Pace wasn't an option then. Would have given it serious consideration if it was.
Bibendum 86
AG
Diet Cokehead said:

robertf03 said:

I think he'd be disappointed going to a Lexus from a BMW. Lexus is the luxury brand for people who don't know any better

I own both and Lexus has much better customer service experience than BMW. Lexus really knows how to treat their customers.

He'd probably be disappointed going from BMW to Lexus because the driving experience is way better with BMW, but Lexus is much better than BMW as a far luxury treatment goes.
Agree completely. Wife drives an RX and I drive a 528, both CPO and still under warranty. The RX is a glorified minivan but my wife loves it. I like my BMW, despite the kidney issues that come with run flat tires on Houston streets, but the Lexus store is sooooo much better than the BMW store that I'll trade the BMW for an LS when BMW warranty and maintenance expires. I'm comfortable having a Lexus without a warranty but, after 4 BMWs and an ML350 won't even consider it on a BMW.
Waltonloads08
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Another option:

This, especially if pops is going to be totalling cars in his old age.
aggiebq03+
aTm2004 said:

Pfffft

I already posted the Lamborghini on the bottom of the last page. You don't get to Pfffft at me with your lame Porsche.
mellison
AG
Since we're pretending this guy has no budget constraints, I'm going to change it up a little.

Aston Martin Rapide
aggiebq03+
mellison said:

Since we're pretending this guy has no budget constraints, I'm going to change it up a little.

Aston Martin Rapide

We are pretending money is no object (as usual).
But no way to pretend that is an SUV.
Picadillo
+1 on the F-Pace.

Check out the Land Rovers
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
How about a 1993 Oldsmobile Bravada?
AnyOtherName
AG
Sprinter
aTm2004
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

aTm2004 said:

Pfffft

I already posted the Lamborghini on the bottom of the last page. You don't get to Pfffft at me with your lame Porsche.

?itok=Y6qWXCZe
oldag76
AG
If he totaled the X5 and walked away from it unscathed I would think he would want another X5. Of course I am biased, on my 7th one now.
aTm2004
AG
You must have your own seat at the dealership.
Buck O Five
AG
If he has gone through 7, that likely means low mileage and may never have had an issue.
Ciboag96
Whitetail said:

2017 Bentley Bentayga

If I get one, does that mean I get hot chicks dropped off out of float planes as well?

Say Chowdah
AG
HollywoodBQ
AG
TexasAggie2006 said:

Jeep GC SRT8
In the US, that's probably affordable. They're priced off the charts in Australia.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Maybe just go all out and get a Unimog

mellison
AG
Saw this parked at the Exchange the other day. It looked brand new and the interior looked modern. Wish I knew more about it.

easttexasaggie04
AG
Well I'm sure yall are on pins and needles... haha... but my dad decided to just get another X5. He was thinking about an Expedition but with the new body style coming soon he didn't want to get one that would look dated soon.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Good choice.
VitruvianAg
AG
Buck O Five said:

If he has gone through 7, that likely means low mileage and may never have had an issue.
After the chain tensioner replacement on my 4.4 X5 I swore not to fix anything on the GD thing again, every time I fix something the next week something else f's up. What a Rube Goldberg design that engine is!

It's been two years, every time I get out of the car I turn the dome light off cause it won't go off on it's own unless I'm in the car.

But the car just feels great on the road and the HVAC system works, what else do I need, I listen to talk radio and XM my phones GPS is better than the cars.

And around here they tax you 5% of the cars value annually, screw 'em!
Diet Cokehead
AG
VitruvianAg said:

Where is that??
aggiedata
AG
Diet Cokehead said:

robertf03 said:

I think he'd be disappointed going to a Lexus from a BMW. Lexus is the luxury brand for people who don't know any better

I own both and Lexus has much better customer service experience than BMW. Lexus really knows how to treat their customers.

He'd probably be disappointed going from BMW to Lexus because the driving experience is way better with BMW, but Lexus is much better than BMW as a far luxury treatment goes.
i have owned 3 BMWs and 4 Lexus'. Customer service is hands down a much better experience with Lexus, even though I was at the BMW dealership (they lost my keys once) much more often. I only buy Lexus now.

My old 2004 GX is tough to part with. On many occasion I have decided to trade it in, only to ask 'Why?' The darn thing has a better ride than many new SUVs I rent all over the country. for business. Never really any major problems, and never with the V8 it's got. Wonderful SUV for us.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Land Rover Defender 110 Wagon.
They sold a Defender 90 in the US during the early 1990s. It was the daily driver for the Beverly Hills 90210 character - David Silver.

You can read more about them on this Australian site.
I would have bought one except, they're 2.2m tall which is about 30cm too tall for my parking garage at work.
HollywoodBQ
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Well I'm sure yall are on pins and needles... haha... but my dad decided to just get another X5. He was thinking about an Expedition but with the new body style coming soon he didn't want to get one that would look dated soon.
I just spent 3 weeks driving the "new" 2009 X5 I bought and I love it. I'm 6'2" and plenty fat. It's comfortable and drives like a dream. I don't know that I'd every buy one new but... I'm really happy with it so far.

Congratulations to your dad.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I think the Jaguar F-Pace looks pretty cool.

I've ridden it one quite a bit and love it.
VitruvianAg
AG
Diet Cokehead said:

VitruvianAg said:

Where is that??
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore.

Virginia, Northern Virginia, DC area.

I married a local girl, ( you have to qualify this these days), she won't let go back to where I belong!
Diet Cokehead
AG
VitruvianAg said:

Diet Cokehead said:

VitruvianAg said:

Where is that??
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore.

Virginia, Northern Virginia, DC area.

I married a local girl, ( you have to qualify this these days), she won't let go back to where I belong!
Ugh....Virginia hates car enthusiasts.
VitruvianAg
AG
Well it's gotten better. my in-laws say they used to come around and check on your furnishings in the house back in the day....personal property tax! That's what the car tax is, personal property tax.

Gilmore the Republican lower it by 50% about 16 years ago.

The trick is to have an antique or anything over 25 years old. Antique registry is $0 and no inspection...you just can't make it a DD.

But I'm always testing my Lotus.....it's a Lotus, Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.