Best license plates you've seen

249,048 Views | 2812 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Scruffy
Whitetail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bentley in SA with "BIG OIL" plates.
TexAg2016
AG
Thought mine would have made the running.... This took work.

TexAg1987
Renewed my personalized aggie plates the other day. The renewal for personalized plates has gone up to $150 per plate plus the cost of registration. Everyone in my immediate family has one. (4 cars)

Going to have to think twice next time they come around. They may have priced me out of the market.
agnerd
AG
quote:
Renewed my personalized aggie plates the other day. The renewal for personalized plates has gone up to $150 per plate plus the cost of registration. Everyone in my immediate family has one. (4 cars)

Going to have to think twice next time they come around. They may have priced me out of the market.
Expired vehicle registration is only a $75 ticket. That $75 ticket may be a deterrent when a normal registration is $51. But If you're sitting at $201 to renew your plate, You'd have to get 3 tickets per year before it became worth it to renew. I only drive a few thousand miles a year and no longer renew my registration. I do still get it inspected and keep a copy of that in the glove compartment with the insurance. So far I've saved $600 and still haven't gotten the first ticket. Something to consider...
FNG
Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal or tolerate those that do.
TexAg1987
quote:
quote:

Expired vehicle registration is only a $75 ticket. That $75 ticket may be a deterrent when a normal registration is $51. But If you're sitting at $201 to renew your plate, You'd have to get 3 tickets per year before it became worth it to renew. I only drive a few thousand miles a year and no longer renew my registration. I do still get it inspected and keep a copy of that in the glove compartment with the insurance. So far I've saved $600 and still haven't gotten the first ticket. Something to consider...
I am sure it would be compounded if I was displaying a plate that was owned by someone else. Which could happen with an old personalized plate. no thanks.

I will go back to a standard, random texas plate and A&M will quit getting whatever donation was going to them for me to have an aggie plate. Ridiculous charge for a plate that physically only gets replaced every 7 years. Oh, and $195 if it happens to have 7 digits.
Jaydoug
AG
Hincemm
AG
TXTransplant
quote:

Is there not a way when you renew to pay the extra custom fee for a five year term? This at least lowers the price from $150/year to $90/year (if you have the 6 letters and numbers combo). I remember wondering abut this when I renewed my tag the last time, but there was no option on the renewal notice other than to pay the one-time yearly fee.

I'm not sure if I originally did a 3 year or a 5 year term on my custom tag, but it was $225 in 2011. The 3 and 5 year terms are now $400 and $450! It seems like I did have to pay the custom up charge the last time I renewed, but I thought it was under $100.
AgEng06
AG
Looks like that license plate has as well...
Cromagnum
AG
Saw ricers on two separate occasions. One said "DO WORK" and the other said "VRRROOM"
Cromagnum
AG
Forgot about this one I saw a while back stuck in traffic on beltway 8.

Bregxit
AG
quote:
Thought mine would have made the running.... This took work.

Surely you mean something else other than getting your tech license?
jimscott85
AG
Just got my plates from the dealer. First three letters: HKM

I think I'm getting vanity plates now.
TexasRebel
AG
That's not as bad as the TX plates I saw yesterday that started with HPV
An Ag in CO
AG
Saw an 8SPARKS on a Mustang GT yesterday.
IDAGG
AG
I have a friend with a Viper. His plate is BRNG IT
Bregxit
AG
quote:
I have a friend with a Viper. His plate is BRNG IT
Is your friend Tony Horton?
The Blue Goose
AG
Saw one of these Fiat Tributo Ferrari's

Had the license plate LIL 4RE
JSKolache
AG
quote:
quote:

The Laws are gonna be checking stickers more now that deadbeat dads won't be able to register w/o paying child support. I bet there will be a lot more old stickers driving around...
AtlAg05
AG
WASNTM3 on a BMW M3
HBCanine08
AG
quote:

I don't get it
normaleagle05
AG
Black Tahoe on 635 yesterday. 'BLK BETI'
f2foxes2001
AG
BMW X5M in my neighborhood has plates that say..."AMG LOL"! I LoLeD with agreement!
rebag00
AG
quote:
BMW X5M in my neighborhood has plates that say..."AMG LOL"! I LoLeD with agreement!
This same dude used to have a white 2003-ish M3 that looked beaten to hell with these same plates. Lived in East Dallas. I saw him on 75 once in my E63. No **** was started, but I got a good chuckle. He looked like fat Turtle from Entourage.
Complete Idiot
Threat title reminded me of one I saw this morning, a Smart Car with the license plate "ROWDY"
Duncan Idaho
There is a guy rolling Around Dallas in a nev with a custom T plate that reads WATT

A T plate that says WATT.

T|WATT
AggieGunslinger
AG
quote:
There is a guy rolling Around Dallas in a nev with a custom T plate that reads WATT

T|WATT

My softball yeam used to sign up for small tournaments without a title. We always ended up on the bracket as Team Without A Title or TWAT. Big props for getting it on his plates.
Bregxit
AG
quote:

T|WATT

Is it a guy? Or maybe this chick...

TexasRebel
AG
I sure hope the C. Stands for what I hope it does.
Rocco S
quote:
I saw a car with Dallas Cowboys screen printing all over the body and Windows. Totally obnoxious.

TRUEFAN

Was it a wreath adorned minivan in Frisco?
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't get it

Oh my God. Hacks.

Its a gamer thing.
Centerpole90
AG
Don't know if this one has made the rounds yet, first time I've seen it... Not personalized, but funny.

drmwvr
AG
Neighbor's friend came over to show off the hidden Christmas light show Easter egg on his Tesla SUV (which was very cool by the way) and had HOLD OHM for his plates. Sounds like "hold on". What makes it especially clever is that the owner is a big poker player so if you include the word Texas, which is right above, it says Texas hold 'em!

TexasAggies06
AG
Several years ago I saw a Mercedes in Dallas with one of these plates:

But the plate read "NOOK EM"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.