The "Is it Totaled!?" Game!!!

2,481 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rilloaggie
rilloaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2008, 4.2l v6, Standard transmission and everything else. 113k miles.

Got sandwiched today thanks to an old dude that, I suspect, never tapped his brakes and hit me going 35-40 mph.

What say you?

sts7049
AG
I say close, but no.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Rear Bumper, Brackets, Tailgate, at least a right side bed skin, front bumper, brackets, lic plate bracket, upper finisher,..8 year old base model truck, dont think you're gonna be totaled.

Estimate will probably come in around 5500 bucks by the time its all said and done...
FTA2015
AG
Im taking the over, but really it just depends on what the insurance company values the truck at.
Whitetail
AG
Totaled.
coolerguy12
AG
Ford on Ford violence.

#FordLivesMatter
Tree Hugger
AG
7 year old, base model truck with over 100K? I'd say they go ahead and total it, especially if there is even a hint of frame damage.
Tagguy
AG
Did the airbags deploy?
rilloaggie
AG
No, all in all the truck is driving 100% normal. It's a company vehicle so I'm waiting to hear from the adjuster, really doesn't affect me whether or not it is totaled. I am somewhat sentimental. This was the first truck I purchased and paid off, sold it to the company and kept driving it last February.
Tim Taylor
If no frame damage and it's a company truck, beat the dents out and slap some cheap ranch hands on
JSKolache
AG
work truck vs work truck
rilloaggie
AG
Update!

Got the call from the insurance company this morning. Total loss.

Kind of seems crazy to me considering that the truck still drove great. I put another 500 miles or so on it after the accident and never had any wobbles or vibrations to speak of. I'm somewhat bummed considering it was the first truck I ever bought and paid for but that is just me being sentimental. Now it is the waiting game time to see how good of an employee my boss thinks I am and see what new wheels I end up in!
Whitetail
AG
I win.
TexAg1987
quote:
Now it is the waiting game time to see how good of an employee my boss thinks I am and see what new wheels I end up in!

What are the odds he buys it back from the insurance company and gives it back to you?

j/k - that would be my luck, not yours.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
an old dude

~40 year old??
rilloaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
an old dude

~40 year old??
I'm guessing right around 60. He's the fella with the flat top and blue shirt in the pics.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.