Quicker Sticker in College Station

42,633 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by maroon barchetta
txyaloo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
When I was in college that same place tricked me also. My window tint was too dark (dumb law anyway) so instead of telling me I fail, he acted like it was all gravy, checked me out and as soon as the my money hit his hand he said "here is a form saying you have paid and once you remove the tint, bring me this form and I will give you a sticker". I was pissed!! I understand that my truck didn't pass but that doesn't mean you get to pull some sheet like that.

Never used that place again. Not because they failed me but because they pulled that stunt.

I have learned now that if I let the wife take the trucks to get inspected they always pass. Something about a girl hoping down out of a dually in high heels makes the truck safer evidently. And she is similar to you dubi, in that she knows enough to know when they are trying something.
What did you want them to do? You still have to pay if you fail the inspection. I suspect most people would argue if the shop failed it before payment was received. You have 15 days to fix the problem and get it reinspected for free.
Kenneth_2003
AG
^
|
|
|
As I understand the allignment used to be a bigger issue when changing a headlight meant changing the WHOLE headlight, not just popping a new bulb into the back of the housing. The newer models can and do get out of whack but it's not part of the inspection anymore.

I'm guessing that inspections probably were more important years back when cars and components just didn't last as long. Used to you needed a tuneup every 10,000 miles or so. Now other than fluids, filters, and a new battery here or there you shouldn't have to touch anything under the hood for 100,000 miles or more!
Tagguy
AG
quote:
When I was in college that same place tricked me also. My window tint was too dark (dumb law anyway) so instead of telling me I fail, he acted like it was all gravy, checked me out and as soon as the my money hit his hand he said "here is a form saying you have paid and once you remove the tint, bring me this form and I will give you a sticker". I was pissed!! I understand that my truck didn't pass but that doesn't mean you get to pull some sheet like that.

Never used that place again. Not because they failed me but because they pulled that stunt.

I have learned now that if I let the wife take the trucks to get inspected they always pass. Something about a girl hoping down out of a dually in high heels makes the truck safer evidently. And she is similar to you dubi, in that she knows enough to know when they are trying something.
You still would of had to pay anyways.

I definitely understand that. I would imagine they have had quite a few people tell them to screw off, grab their keys and drive away. I'd probably do the same thing if I had people driving off and not paying because they were failed.
'03ag
I'd want them to look at my car before taking it in and tell me it won't pass because of tint. I've had a shop do that before for other reasons. If it's something they know right away they should tell you
kyledr04
AG
I recently had my car inspected and they didn't open the hood. But, I saw them check on an old lady's car.

They're also having trouble with the new VIR system. Check your documentation closely because if they screw it up you can't register your car. I had to go back when I figured out their mistake. To their credit, they fixed it for free.
dubi
AG
quote:
I recently had my car inspected and they didn't open the hood. But, I saw them check on an old lady's car.

Most women are easy targets.
agnerd
AG
quote:

And that's exactly why I always roll the windows down, put the fuses in my pocket, and then let them inspect it. You don't have to have windows to pass inspection.
Silvy
AG
I do the same
Tagguy
AG
....or doors

#Jeeeeeepbraaaaaah
locogringo
AG
quote:
quote:

And that's exactly why I always roll the windows down, put the fuses in my pocket, and then let them inspect it. You don't have to have windows to pass inspection.
I do this too, but they guy met me at my door as I was stepping out so I didn't have time to pull them.

I agree that I would have to pay if they inspected it and I failed. But he didn't inspect it, he just stuck his "tint-meter" on the window and that was that.
DBSwooper
quote:
I agree that I would have to pay if they inspected it and I failed. But he didn't inspect it, he just stuck his "tint-meter" on the window and that was that.
How is that not being inspected?

I'm not saying there may have been a more tactiful way to approach your situation, but that is an inspection item...did you want him to spend ten minutes checking everything else first?
ZooGuy
AG
No inspections here in TN. They just call it a "wheel tax" instead.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
quote:

He did perform an inspection. Sounds like he started at the windows....they failed. No need for him to continue anything else. He found something that failed.

Should he have performed the rest of the inspection? Debatable. Was he required to? Not to my knowledge.

You could/should have asked if there was anything else that you needed to remedy in order to pass inspection.
KY AG
AG
quote:
No inspections here in TN. They just call it a "wheel tax" instead.

TN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TX
Yuccadoo
Legitimate question: Was Quicker sticker going to charge for topping up the brake fluid? If so, how much?

Here are the requirements set by the state:

[table]What's Inspected by Vehicle TypeItems of Inspection for a Passenger Car05.01 Inspect Every Passenger Car For: (Listed in suggested order of inspection)

* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility

1. Horn
2. Windshield Wipers
3. Mirror
4. Steering
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
7. Tires
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
20. Window Tint.[/table]

I don't know how the brake "system" is checked without looking under the hood.
dubi
AG
quote:
Legitimate question: Was Quicker sticker going to charge for topping up the brake fluid? If so, how much?
Yes, they would charge.

I did not ask how much, but a few years ago they told me I needed it and the charge was $5.
Drewmeister
AG
I've seen the inspector open my windows partially, put some device on the glass, and check that when closing, the window stops properly (below some level of force, I guess). Never failed the check, so I don't know if that would be a hard failure or just "something you should get fixed".

About a dozen years ago Quicker Sticker failed me for having a little condensation inside the glass of one of my headlights (old sealed beam style). They worked fine, mind you (both high and low beam, and brightness was not diminished), but since I failed for headlights, I had to replace it. Never been back there since.
AC Hopper
S
I see these creeps are still up to their old tricks!
IMO, the College Station Quicker Sticker should have had its state contract terminated long ago.
I recommend avoiding the place at all costs.
Go somewhere else. There are plenty of honest and ethical inspection places.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I took my old truck there all the time.

They were the only shop that would pass it. Mind you there might have been some convincing involved. Which might have cost more than the state minimum charge for inspection.

We also took all of the off road vehicles there from the club there because they "loosely" enforced the safety inspections for the modified vehicles.

Example:

One guy had a rock crawler jeep, wanted to be street legal. Didn't have a windshield. Windshield is required, but the size is not specified. So as long as it is there, they passed it. It was a 2"x 4" piece of clear plexi-glass that was just large enough to mount the inspection sticker & registration sticker.
quickersticker
Staff Edit - permanently banned. If you have a problem, please email moderator@texags.com

Dear dubidumbass
States requirements for brake fluid are " the fluid must be within an inch of the full line- thanks for posting the pic, because urs would require being toped off. and to the rest of you whiners, understand that we are supervisede by txdps and they are 10 times stricter on us then we are on you- weve been written up for seat belts being frade etc. So stop whining. If theyd give us a rate increase- something that hasn't happened in 14 years- then we'd top off your fluids for free, but as it is . The cost of doing buissiness has tripled since we've had a rate increase, as well as the states requiring us to rent comps , buy printers, and now print off reciets, it costs us over $200.00 a month for printer ink and paper alone- 200.00 more then it cost me to do buissiness last year- so yes we have to charge for fluids etc, but try to find anyplace in town that will install a set of wipers, or a light bulb cheaper then we do- SO BEFORE YOU GO RUNNING YOUR MOUTH, AND WHINING LIKE A WOMAN, consider that you are uninformed as too all the facts. as for wipers if they are torn at all they fail- dry rotted, etc. we could sell fluid and wipers on 70% of the vehicles that come thru, as it is we sell them on 20%. so grow up, and if you fluids low- then go get onto the guy that did your oil change for 50 bucks, and didn't top off your fluids like he advertises that he does.
If you think we are " scamming people" then go somewhere else next year, wait in line for an hour, and pay 30 bucks for a set of wipers somewhere else- and ill see you the following year. You want your car done quick? that's why you come here, we'll the alternative is an oil change place, where they'll get to you after their oil changes- at 7 bucks per sticker- try to find anyone else that will even do an inspection anymore- infact if we don't get a raise from the state- I wont be doing inspections 2 years from now- I can make more money doing 10 oil changes a day then I make doing 50 inspections, amnd dealing with 50 idiots like you

Yeah, going on the offensive isn't the smartest move. Attacking our posters is a super fast way to get shown the door and asked not to come back. Kindly stay away if this is how you plan to participate. - TexAgs Staff
quickersticker
agnerd- we are "REQUIRED BY LAW" to charge you and fail your vehicle if your tints too dark- we "ARE NOT" allowed to just tell you to get it fixed- because people like you will go from one shop to another trying to find someone that will pass it- if we don't fail you- we lose our liceance- but its not our fault that " you had your windows tinted darker then the law allows"- next?
quickersticker
dubi- your statement that your hood wasn't opened but a womans was is a lie- you already admitted that your brake fluid was low- quit this " targeting woman" bull. top off your brake fluid and quit whining- and stop lying- you accuse my buissiness of not being honest- but ive see you lie 3 times now in ur posts. MAN UP BOY
quickersticker
quote:
quote:

You still would of had to pay anyways.

I definitely understand that. I would imagine they have had quite a few people tell them to screw off, grab their keys and drive away. I'd probably do the same thing if I had people driving off and not paying because they were failed.

NOPE if you grab your keys and drive off its theft of service- we are "REQUIRED TO FAIL ,AND CHARGE THE VEHICLE" you understand the word required? If we don't we lose our lic. Stickers are free, the inspection fee is paid for the service- grow up
quickersticker
quote:
I see these creeps are still up to their old tricks!
IMO, the College Station Quicker Sticker should have had its state contract terminated long ago.
I recommend avoiding the place at all costs.
Go somewhere else. There are plenty of honest and ethical inspection places.
Creeps? lol come in and tell me this? we are honest that why all these people are complaining- if we weren't- we'd be putting stickers on these vehicles. I see you've been failed, and choose to hide behind a comp screen and type, rather then confront the people you accuse of screwing you- loud mouth coward
EMY92
AG
My suggestion is to make the most of your 5 posts for today, because coming on strong with your first post and calling long time posters names is a quick way to getting banned.

BTW, other shop owners have replied on this thread. However, with your attitude, I'll make sure to steer anyone in another direction if needed an inspection in the Brazos Valley.
DBSwooper
quote:
Dear dubidumbass

Wow. Just wow.
Wildmen03
AG
No way that's a real person. clearly an imitation account.
Mateo84
AG
Please let this be real
TSW2012
dubi
AG
quote:
Dear dubidumbass

LOL, I think this probably is real. The owner is a long haired hippy that is as much of a jerk as his employees.
dubi
AG
quote:
Dear dubidumbass
States requirements for brake fluid are " the fluid must be within an inch of the full line- thanks for posting the pic,

Dear QuickerSticker dumbass:

Do you overestimate the length of your weenie too?

Maybe you can buy your employees a ruler. Please note my brake fluid is 3/4" from the full line----which according to you is in full compliance.

Thanks for playing!

dubi
AG
quote:
dubi- your statement that your hood wasn't opened
Go back to my OP. I did NOT say this. Problem with reading comprehension?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
States requirements for brake fluid are " the fluid must be within an inch of the full line- thanks for posting the pic, because urs would
require being toped off
quote:
we are supervisede by txdps
quote:
seat belts being frade
quote:
print off reciets
quote:
to do buissiness

quote:
and if you fluids low
quote:
we'll the alternative is an oil change place,
quote:
you accuse my buissiness of not being honest- but ive see you lie 3 times now in ur posts. MAN UP BOY

Texas only certifies the finest to do their state inspections....

quote:
anyplace in town that will install a set of wipers cheaper then we do
Many dealers in town, including Ford dealer does it for free with a coupon on their website, and often times the people at the FLAPS do this at no charge.
dubi
AG
quote:
Texas only certifies the finest to do their state inspections....
The Fife
quote:
quote:
Dear dubidumbass
States requirements for brake fluid are " the fluid must be within an inch of the full line- thanks for posting the pic,

Dear QuickerSticker dumbass:

Do you overestimate the length of your weenie too?

Maybe you can buy your employees a ruler. Please note my brake fluid is 3/4" from the full line----which according to you is in full compliance.

Thanks for playing!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.