Truck trunks

5,597 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Mookie
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is, by far, the best (only) feature of the Honda Ridgeline. When will other manufacturers include this in their trucks?
CrossBowAg99
AG
When women decide to buy brands other than Honda
Picard
AG
Oh boy....page one!

AgEng06
Street Fighter
AG

[This message has been edited by Street Fighter (edited 12/3/2013 3:38p).]
MGS
Great idea - put the spare in a place where you'd have to unload everything in the bed if you have a flat.
aggie1357
quote:
Great idea - put the spare in a place where you'd have to unload everything in the bed if you have a flat.

Or you could mount the spare on the tailgate (similar to a jeep) and have it swing out instead of drop down?

Just throw in a small diesel engine and assume this all about the size of a 4 door Tacoma and I believe we have a winner.
agnerd
AG
I much prefer Dodge's system with the boxes built into the rear fenders above the wheel wells. That area isn't real useful most of the time anyway. I just wish it wasn't $2000 extra.
Martin Q. Blank
What's the beef?
Mr. Dubi
It's a neat idea, but I don't think I could fit my guns in there.

I also thought the bed cover on the Chevy Avalanche was a neat idea, but what to do with the window?
Martin Q. Blank
I think it's great to be able to lock tools in it instead of buying a tool box and take up bed space. I don't understand why it's a bad idea.
water turkey
Lesbians need trucks too
George08
AG
If you don't want the open bed why not just get an SUV?
hatchback
AG
quote:
also thought the bed cover on the Chevy Avalanche was a neat idea, but what to do with the window?

It was stored inside the cab on the midgate:

moore42
AG
quote:

I have this argument with my pops all the time, who has a bed cover and has to use a trailer to haul anything taller than 2'.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:

What do you mean? It's still an open bed. For reference, I'm talking about this:

powerbiscuit
nm

[This message has been edited by powerbiscuit (edited 12/5/2013 8:46p).]
Lone Stranger
Insulate it as a cooler and don't call it a trunk and we'll talk.
ursusguy
AG
Actually, it comes with a drain so it can douple as a cooler.

Days like today, the Ridgeline is borderline boring on snow and ice.
Drewmeister
AG
Nobody else does it because everyone else makes real trucks with frame rails running through the middle of that area, rather than front-wheel-drive CUVs with an open bed. (I know the Ridgeline is AWD, but it's front-biased, with a transverse V6. Close enough.)

Any "truck trunk" would have to be fairly narrow and occupy the space between the frame rails usually used for spare tire storage. The "locking corner" storage sections are a better idea.
TexasRebel
AG
Or you could just put stuff behind the seat like most of us do.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's a utilitarian vehicle that fits some peoples' needs. I can't bash on that.

I have a trunk in the bed of my truck...a big plastic one I store crap in. It is chained to one of the bed tie downs.

If only toyota would sell the hilux here, diesel style, but they'd have to americanize the emissions.

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 12/9/2013 12:49p).]
The Fife
A small lockable box like they used to make would be nice. I haven't seen one in a long time though.

FWIW it's easy to vertically mount a spare behind the cab like they used to do with the flareside bed. All it takes is a hole, nut and long bolt.
ursusguy
AG
I shove all sorts of crappola behind the seat of my work truck (F-150), but the trunk in the Ridgeline is handy for S&R work and general duty. With roads the way they were the last few days, the Ridgeline way out performed the work truck. Even pulled two other truck back up on the road (Ford and a Chevy).
Martin Q. Blank
What do extended cab people do? Is their only option a tool box in the bed? Plus, I've seen the Ridgeline space and it is very roomy...much bigger than a bed tool box.
Mookie
AG
i use my ridgeline trunk more often than i thought i would. very handy and convenient.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.