sonicelectronix.com vs crutchfield?

6,186 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by aTm2004
ATL Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have experience ordering car stereo equipment from sonicelectronix? They claim to offer Crutchfield-like support and service but are cheaper.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Sonic Electronix is cheap prices on everything.

They dont offer diagrams and harnesses and crap like that for free like Crotchfield.

If you know wtf you are doing, buy from SE. If you are a novice, buy from Crotchfield.
SpicewoodAg
AG
I thought a high percentage of the stuff SE sells is "unauthorized?" Means they aren't authorized resellers of many of the brands they sell and therefore any warranty is through SE only?
ATL Aggie
AG
I will look into whether or not they are an authorized dealer.

But, for the head unit I want they are including the harness and dash kit.
TX_AG_10
AG
I ordered a sub and amp from them about 5 years ago..No problems with the order, sub and amp are still going strong. I'd buy from them again.
ATL Aggie
AG
I went with crutchfield. After a quick internet search I discovered that sometimes they will remove the serial numbers on items when they are not an authorized dealer. I dont want to do business with a company like that.
Waterski02
AG
I've ordered from both. No problem with SE or Crutchfield. I've found that Crutchfield isn't as competitive price-wise as they used to be.
SpicewoodAg
AG
I have never bought from SE but that wasn't because I don't trust them. They have been around a long time and sell lots of equipment. It was just that their price wasn't so special for what I wanted that it was worth the potential slight hassle.

I buy from Crutchfield, ebay, Amazon, and a few other places. I am more than willing to buy good equipment used, especially amplifiers. Both of the 4 channel Alpine amps I have in my Ridgeline were used and bought on ebay. The headunit came from Crutchfield because I wanted the dash kit, the "how to open the dash" instructions, and telephone support if I needed it. I tend to buy speakers from non-traditional places (like Parts Express) because I think most autosound speakers are too expensive, overbuilt, too blingy, and overhyped.
IntensivePurposes
AG
I like both. Been in car audio for 10 years.

Use SE now. Love it. Highly recommend.
Silvy
AG
I've only used Amazon
Scriffer
AG
Just bought a shallow mount MB Quart marine sub from SE. Shipping was ridiculously fast and free.

Definitely no frills compared to Crutchfield.
aTm2004
AG
When I bought my truck in '07, I decided to put a decent stereo in it. I got a couple of things of of fleabay, and the rest off of SE. No problems with any of it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.