New Brush Guard

7,386 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by oats05
dsvogel05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After a few months of trying to decide which brand I wanted, I finally decided on Cattleman HD. Rear replacement to come in 4-6 weeks, or whenever one is produced. Cattleman is one of the few that does a pipe rear replacement.

[This message has been edited by dsvogel05 (edited 1/10/2012 5:48p).]
Aggietaco
AG
Looks good.

Also brings up the question, would someone with a boost be ticketed for obstructing their front plate with a brush guard?

[This message has been edited by Aggietaco (edited 1/10/2012 5:54p).]
dsvogel05
AG
boost?
Agronomist
AG
Looks great.
CATAGBQ04
AG
That's not a boost
12th Man Ag
AG
My RanchHand grille guard came with extra mounting brackets to mount the plate since the guard would cover it up in the regular location.
oats05
If you don't mind, how much did you pay for it?
helgs
AG
quote:
Also brings up the question, would someone with a boost be ticketed for obstructing their front plate with a brush guard?

que?
dsvogel05
AG
Paid a little more than I wanted to, but with tax and install, it was $540. Could have gotten a ranch hand for about $50-$75 less, but more people have the ranch hand, so I wanted to be different. Didn't know this, but Gage and Cattleman HD are the same product.
oats05
I just had a Ranch Hand for my F-150 quoted at around $600. But I guess that includes shipping to CO.
TecRecAg
AG
Looks good. I went with Frontier for mine on my 2500HD. Buy Aggie
dsvogel05
AG
Frontier was more than Cattleman. I didn't think the mounting for the frontier is as good as Cattleman.
KY AG
AG
Looks good.

Is this to push all the poorz in your suburbs out of the way so you can get in your driveway? Excellent notion.
dsvogel05
AG
It's to get all of the hippies and homeless out of my way in Austin.
ArmedAg94
Will a brush guard protect your truck front end from a deer impact of say 55 mph? I have a frontier front end replacment now after I smacked a whitetail doe a few years back. I am pretty sure the next deer I hit the front end will not be damaged. Curios if these brush guards will take the impact.
dsvogel05
AG
I cannot speak as to the strength of the Cattleman. My previous truck was a 2005 F-150 Supercrew, 4x4 and I had a Diamond B brush guard. It protected me from a doe, while I was doing 80 mph one evening outside of Gonzales. Broke the fog light mount and pushed the left side of the brush guard closer to the body. A tractor, chain and about 20 minutes and the brush guard was back into shape. Diamond B was probably one of the best brush guards on the market, but they are no longer around.

The way I look at it, a front replacement bumper is going to run more than my collision deductible ($500). A brush guard costs as much as my deductible. I’ll take my chances with the brush guard. Additionally, on a half-ton truck, replacements are pretty heavy unless you get the light-duty ones. If you get the light duty one, then do you really gain anything?
oats05
I got into an accident with one on my Sierra. Ended up totaling it, but I was able to move the truck. Frame was bent, but the radiator was intact. I think that without it, my truck would've had much worse damage than it had. Crash was around 50 mph. A car is much harder than a deer. I just wonder what kind of damage an elk, bear, or even a moose would do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.