Looking for some stainless steel wires... any ideas?

499 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by MouthBQ98
Terk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking for lots of thin stainless steel wires. They need to be about 6" long with threaded attachments on each end. I could loop one of them to itself or I could link several together... any ideas? Think about a screw ended stainless zip tie.

I have a source for them, but they are about $1.05 each (plus shipping) with no price break for large orders. I would be willing to assemble them as long as the ends are pressure or crimp fit... but there has to be a few places out there that make these. Google has been no help, but I am assuming I'm just not using the right search keywords.
TxAg20
AG
Would banding work? We use monel banding in the oil industry for fastening sub pump cable to tubing. It looks like they also make stainless.

Here's a website that shows/sells banding:
http://www.band-it-idex.com/en/applications/Banding/Municipal%20Sign%20%26%20Signal%20Mounting.html

What are you using it for?
TxAg20
AG
Or at 6" long, hose clamps would work. I'm having a hard time imagining the "threaded at each end" part.
VitruvianAg
AG
why don't you just make your own?

Time to buy a real nice tap and die set!
Terk
AG
Something like this but with a threaded end so I can wrap it around a post and attach a tag to it. If the equipment is large enough, I would like to connect multiples together. It doesn't need to be very heavy duty, maybe 12-16ga stranded (or similar diameter), just stainless so it doesn't rust all over stuff.

HERE IT IS, it's an aviation mechanic's key ring...

[This message has been edited by Terk (edited 1/8/2012 10:43p).]
MouthBQ98
AG
They make tooks for this type of stuff. I use stainless cable for making leaders for sharkfishing, and have a crimping tool and different types of crimps. I'd assume you could get a larger version of all that stuff.

You could try something like Mcmaster Carr and see if they have it in their catalog.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.