We need rain

3,455 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EMY92
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kwtx.com/2022/06/17/us-army-corps-engineering-close-belton-stillhouse-lake-swim-beach-areas-due-low-water-levels/
c-jags
I have never watered my lawn in 20 years of home ownership but I started this week for the first time. It's bad and there's no end in sight.
EMY92
AG
The 10 day forecast holds no hope, it will be as bad or worse over that time.

I did see a few rain drops Friday evening. If it continued at that pace for 100 days, it may have watered my yard.
c-jags
I was pretty disappointed yesterday when all the chances kept getting pushed back.

They were off on the time by 8 hours, but that was a good soaking across the board.
mazzag
AG
I wonder if it's too late to lift the fireworks ban? McLennon and Williamson never banned them.
Bulldog73
AG
Clearly, it's been a while since you posted, but McLennan county has come out pretty hard today against them.
mazzag
AG
Which is weird. They've been selling them. Hard to put toothpaste back in the tube. BellCo is considering retracting the ban.
EMY92
AG
Bell Co. got more rain than McLennan. I got about .3" at my place on the west side of Waco. That puts us a little over 6" in the past 8 months.
wildmen09
AG
Im from Houston and live in Killeen now. I can't ever remember something like this in Houston. In 2010, we had roughly 30 days of 100+ temps in Shreveport. This isn't normal is it?
c-jags
In 2011 we had 100 days of 100 degrees. This is the worst since then but that was far worse. Last year we had days with highs in the 70s and 80s in June.
wildmen09
AG
Ah yeah, it was 2011
3rd Generation Ag
AG
In 54 and I think 80...both had long droughts and the soil in most of Bell County was a series of giant cracks. My mom got a severe laceraton on her shin when a crack hiding under dried yard grass (people mainly had bermuda back then) gave way and her leg plunged into a deep crack. That was the one in the 50's.
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

In 2011 we had 100 days of 100 degrees. This is the worst since then but that was far worse. Last year we had days with highs in the 70s and 80s in June.

It rained most of June last year. And it wasn't too many years ago we hit 114degrees, not including "feels like", one day. Sorry friends. I'm in the Florida panhandle but I get updated from my brother.
EMY92
AG
A week plus ago, I got an email from One Cloud - This Day thing. It showed my dog in my backyard. It was lush and green and I didn't water until July.

This year, I started watering early and it's still brown and crunchy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.