Waco Ag looking for job in the central texas area

1,428 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by washburn321
Stephends22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy

I am soon to be Agribusiness graduate in May '22. I was wondering if there is any Ags out there who can point me in the right direction. I currently work at heb, but I have applied to numerous positions at the corporate office with no luck for a second interview.

Thanks and Gig em'
toekneeo63
AG
Not sure what you are interested in, but I have seen Texas Farm Bureau has a few phone Claim Rep. positions open in Waco. This is basically their entry level position to field claims to my knowledge. No connections the the organization, just know they are in Waco and generally have entry level openings. Good luck.
c-jags
toekneeo63 said:

Not sure what you are interested in, but I have seen Texas Farm Bureau has a few phone Claim Rep. positions open in Waco. This is basically their entry level position to field claims to my knowledge. No connections the the organization, just know they are in Waco and generally have entry level openings. Good luck.
i was going to post Farm Bureau as well. Good company and really does a lot to invest in agriculture throughout the state.

my nephew is in the FB chapter at Sam Houston and that's become his defacto fraternity for the most part.
washburn321
AG
Agreed with others, FB is a great place to work... I have a friend that works there. Whether Waco, or Temple/Belton, you should really take a look at some of the companies in the industrial areas. Literally go drive around Mars Dr and Central Texas Expressway and look at the companies over there. I'm sure it's the same in Temple. c-jags posted about quite a few businesses over there.

Are you looking to put your Agribusiness degree to use? Do you want to work on a large farm or ranch? There are some pretty large operations around the area. Do you like banking? You could try and get on at one of the lang/ag focused banks or credit unions. Get involved with farm/ranch sales? Go do some grunt work for a successful farm/ranch speciality realtor.

What interests you?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.