Stanley Ford McGregor - poor customer service review

3,241 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 45-70Ag
rustyburban
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Short version: They offered a deal that they did not want to honor. When asked to provide proof to the reasons they were raising the price, they got upset and said they were refusing to do business.

Long version
My neighbor was buying a new vehicle from Stanley Ford in McGregor. I offered to buy his old truck from him. He agreed to sell it to me for the value offered to him on trade. Stanley agreed to accept the truck and sell it to me for $500 over the trade in value, plus TT&L., what they call an "in-and-out." They had no problem doing the "in". Once they possessed the truck things began to change. Due to a check engine light that was on when they purchased it, they were "unable to sell it in its current condition". They would not say what was wrong with it or any possible repair costs. They did give me a new sales price that was now almost $10,000 more. We already had an agreed on sales price, so I continued to ask for the service bill. When they did not provide this my suspicions grew. After a week with very little communication they provided a service record that failed to itemize the work done, as requested. They also called my neighbor back and told him that they would send him a new check for more money. This would in turn cost me more. I told them I was okay paying the increased price if they could provide me a better service record, let me view the parts that were removed from the truck and provide proof that they were sending my neighbor a check for more money than they originally paid him. They decided to rescend their offer to me. After sending an email highlighting their deceptive practices as outlined in the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, I was given a number to their COO. He spoke with me and initially said no deal. After I told him what happened, he said he would review everything and call me back by 10am. The next day was a Saturday and I told him not to waste his weekend on this, but I would like a call back. He assured me he does not get weekends off with 500 employees. On Monday at noon, after not hearing back, I texted the COO. He texted back that he reviewed it and we would not be doing business.

This does not sound like an isolated incident.

After reviewing multiple online complaints outlining similar trade practices, I too decided to share my story. For their top management to review what happened and not care to resolve the issue, I believe that this is not a singular problem but one that is allowed to permeate through the company. Complaints have also been received with similar dealings at their other locations. My neighbor expressed multiple concerns of his own before, during and after his purchase. I will let him choose if he want's to share his story. Because of my neighbors warning up front, I recorded my conversations with the sales team. This kept them from being able to walk back their statements, but in the end it only highlighted their business practices.
toekneeo63
AG
Thanks for sharing what you are dealing with. Ill echo that Stanley is awful to terrible on all aspects of business. I've tried to buy multiple vehicles from them in the past and each time it falls through due to hidden red tape. I no longer even consider them when it's new vehicle time.

I always wonder why they don't focus on service knowing the motor mile is 15 minutes away.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Why didn't you just buy the vehicle directly from your neighbour?
rustyburban
AG
It allowed my neighbor to take advantage of any trade-in rebates and tax incentive.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Thanks for the explanation.
Spotted Ag
AG
Another unsatified Stanley "customer" here. Will never step foot near that place again. I don't think the jerk of a salesman works there anymore. This was 5+ years ago. Sounds like things haven't changed much.

Bird Kultgen in Waco was a dream of an experience for us several months ago.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
washburn321
AG
Hopefully you left a Google Review Rusty. This is the most effective thing you can do at this point. I purchased a vehicle there last year and was unhappy with their sales practices, which I outlined in quite a bit of detail on my review. I was stuck because it was the color my wife wanted and the trim/package was perfect.... otherwise, I would've walked. I'll never revisit the dealership. I've purchased from Bird-Kultgen and been happy in the past. Sorry you had to go through that, no fun.
BohunkAg
AG
Have always dealt with the Sykoras in West. Never a problem....
GIF Reactor
AG
Sykora Ford was a bit high when we were looking, but maybe you pay for less hassle?

Had a decent experience with Johnson Brothers in Temple. Not great, but not awful.
45-70Ag
AG
Mark Stewart was the GM for Jim turner chevrolet in mcgregor for years and is now the GM at Byrd Kultgen. He is a great guy and will not take advantage of you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.