Belton/Temple population (2020 Census)

2,385 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw on poliboard that they're coming out with new districts based on the census. Texas looks like it's gaining 3 seats.

Made me curious what Belton/Temple came out to and was shocked to see it at 24k / 83k.

I have to say i can honestly feel it. I moved here in 2009 and i think it was 14k and 56k as of the last census, then moved to 18k and 66k in 2010.

At that point there wasn't really anything between the Take 1 video and Tarver Elementary on 2305 whereas now there's a dozen restaurants, walmart, starbucks etc. between the two and 2305 traffic is pretty miserable between 7AM- 6PM. 35 was 2 lane and there wasn't anything between McDonald's in Belton and the 2 car lots at Midway in Temple.

Thought it was interesting change of pace between buying land, COVID, and the bridge on 485.

mazzag
AG
We're feeling the population squeeze as well. Especially along 190, BUT how much of the population increases are due to the cities stealing land thru annexation?

Edit to add, o thought it was two seats and 1 electoral vote?
c-jags
mazzag said:

We're feeling the population squeeze as well. Especially along 190, BUT how much of the population increases are due to the cities stealing land thru annexation?

Edit to add, o thought it was two seats and 1 electoral vote?
yeah the estimates was 3 seats before it became final but turned out to be three. I'm sure that was just F16 getting excited a bit early.

I am feeling the squeeze but it's 100% people moving here over annexation i would wager. Houses are going at stupid rates and spending very little time on the market.

i saw 3 or 4 california plates not on the interstate this week, which stood out a bit.
HollywoodBQ
AG
c-jags said:

Houses are going at stupid rates and spending very little time on the market.
At first, I thought it was just the Chip and Joanna effect in Waco/Woodway/Hewitt/Lorena.

But, my parents moved out towards McGregor and I cannot believe what people are paying out that way. At least they're old enough that their taxes are frozen.
BohunkAg
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

c-jags said:

At first, I thought it was just the Chip and Joanna effect in Waco/Woodway/Hewitt/Lorena.

But, my parents moved out towards McGregor and I cannot believe what people are paying out that way. At least they're old enough that their taxes are frozen.
They get the bonus out that way of getting their house shaken to hell by Space X a few times a week.
HollywoodBQ
AG
BohunkAg said:

HollywoodBQ said:

c-jags said:

They get the bonus out that way of getting their house shaken to hell by Space X a few times a week.
True.

Where they used to live was right in the Apache helicopter flight path for Fort Hood. When I was in High School, it was awesome to hear/see a group of Apaches flying in formation over the backyard.

They've been living out past Harris Creek for about 3-4 years now. I've heard them talk about Space-X and I've seen a lot of the Space-X employees at lunch at Coach's BBQ in McGregor but, I had never actually heard any of the rockets firing until I was visiting in February.

Wow! There were a couple of really long burns after dark. It was amazing. Rattled the windows and everything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.