How's everyone faring?

2,034 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BohunkAg
GIF Reactor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Cen-Tex board, just checking in to see how everyone is faring. So far, so good here. Hope you all are well.
c-jags
We lost power Monday morning. We have gas heat but run by electric unit. So hosed.

Went to a friends house till I saw my AC unit connect to WiFi. Got hone about 7 last night, checked water with no bursts. Then the power went out again. Went back to our friends and power came on at midnight. We left about 3 pm and made it gone about 4. 2305 sucked the closer we got to 35.

Power was on but we now had a burst in the laundry room. What's crazy is we had been running heat in there but my wife moved it to our bathroom in the short window that we had power yesterday. It kicked back on while we were away.

Not her fault of course.

One burst pipe is small potatoes. We lent out our extra heaters to neighbors that only had window units and that had to suck for the 48 hours of no power. Checked on them and they were fine though.
jejdag
Ha, at first my old man eyes saw 'how is everyone farting" LOL

East of Troy, lost water early Sunday, then power later that evening. Still without water, but power came on late Tuesday, and that has helped a lot. Had been running the generator and using fireplace to keep main room at ~48 or so. Had neighbor and his two GSD spend the night with us one night. No broken pipe yet that I know about, but got a bad feeling about the one out at the pens. Been chopping ice on the pond for 3 days now for cattle. Sure praying for some warmer weather, and would love a hot shower sometime soon, as well.
Y'all hang in there!
EMY92
AG
Woodway - I have not had any issues. Never lost power, have water, no frozen pipes.

I dropped my puppy off for a 3 week training course, they've asked to extend that several days since they were one of the places without power for a few days.
WhiteYaloo
No water in Lampasas
BohunkAg
AG
We were on coop power near West....we were cycling on and off Monday through about Wednesday evening. Not too bad. We have a small septic issue...don't know if it needs to be pumped or is frozen. Had to go out Sunday and release the clean out and snake it out....everything is ok but we aren't washing clothes at the house to be safe. No burst pipes yet, but plenty of friends who are faring worse. Crossing our fingers and helping out where we can.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Heard horror stories out of Belton. One guy was without power from sometime Sunday until just tonight. A neighbor with serious health issues needed power but there was no way to get in or out of the neighborhood due to a fairly steep incline (something to think about when buying a house, I guess), so he loaned them a generator and others in the neighborhood gave them gas. It was still 40s in their house (30s upstairs) even with a fire going. I don't know how they did with food, and water went out at some point.

And I thought I had it bad with just power going out for a while. That whole thing was borderline criminal. Not to mention 2 buddies in Austin with much the same experience as the people in Belton.

This should not have happened. Not in today's time.
c-jags
91AggieLawyer said:

Heard horror stories out of Belton. One guy was without power from sometime Sunday until just tonight. A neighbor with serious health issues needed power but there was no way to get in or out of the neighborhood due to a fairly steep incline (something to think about when buying a house, I guess), so he loaned them a generator and others in the neighborhood gave them gas. It was still 40s in their house (30s upstairs) even with a fire going. I don't know how they did with food, and water went out at some point.

And I thought I had it bad with just power going out for a while. That whole thing was borderline criminal. Not to mention 2 buddies in Austin with much the same experience as the people in Belton.

This should not have happened. Not in today's time.

We have friends in Belton that were fine the whole time and friends who had the same experience as above.

I have wealthy friends (acquaintances) at the lake who had their whole house destroyed with broken pipes and my neighbors in government housing never lost power once.

My BiL's in-laws had 17 pipe bursts in Angleton. He had 1. Both lost power. BiL's neighbor never lost power once.

Whole thing just didn't have any rhyme or reason.
Willis
AG
We've been really blessed in Kempner. Rolling blackouts from early Monday morning through early Thursday. Never more than 4-5 hours without. We dripped the faucets anytime we lost power and kept a good fire going. Our only real worry was running out of firewood. Our neighborhood is on the side of a large hill and creek bottom so there are some steep climbs in and out of the neighborhood. When we got home Saturday around noon we knew it would be Thursday or Friday before we got back out again. I watched multiple 4x4 trucks sliding down the hills from my front yard. Three vehicles were abandoned in the ditches at the entrance to the neighborhood Friday when we ventured back out. We tried to help neighbors when we could, but we were pretty much stuck home the whole week. I have a friend in Belton who still doesn't have power, many who didn't have power most of the week, and some who never lost it. The biggest thing we're seeing is bursting pipes. We got lucky there I guess.
BohunkAg
AG
Our friends in Chalk Bluff (north of Waco) had burst pipes that flooded their house. We fared ok...got our little septic issue resolved. I think it was some frozen stuff in there, but we had it pumped out just to be safe. Plenty of folks with pools that had frozen pumps and such. Especially those who lost power for an extended period. My 85 year old mom fared ok which is the main thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.