Change of topics: Trenos in downtown Temple

2,118 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by stallion6
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went tonight (sorry, I finished up my remodeling job too late to make it out to Heritage for baseball. Hope the Belton teams did well.) cool vibe and a needed addition to Downtown Temple.

Most people there were a little more hipster than I'm used to in Temple, but a good little hangout. The kids play area isn't open yet, for those with littles.

One funny thing is the way they sell beer. You get a wrist band and then use the wristband to unlock the kegs. Then they charge per OZ. Kinda fun to try new beers but a tad too modern for me. Pizza was really good and would take it over Mod or fire street ... and I like both

In other Temple dining news, Wes' closed permanently. Dadgum shame. If there was one place I could throw out for lunch that the whole family would agree on it was Wes'.
GIF Reactor
AG
Man, that stinks about Wes'. Will have to give Treno's a try soon.
templeton
Went tonight and loved it. I am super rusty on my pint pulling, but by the third beer had it down. We'll meet you guys there one night cjags.
c-jags
templeton said:

Went tonight and loved it. I am super rusty on my pint pulling, but by the third beer had it down. We'll meet you guys there one night cjags.

I was complimented by the guy managing it at a perfect pour with no head.

I served beer at Pizza Hut in my youth and even though I didn't start drinking till my 30s I really wanted to learn how to perfect pour so I wasted a lot of beer. Nobody really cared, because who drinks beer at Pizza Hut?

But yes we should!
SZ
AG
Went there for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. I enjoy the pouring your own beer and pizza is good as well. Glad downtown Temple is getting some attractions
JAW3336
AG
I think the pizza is really good, and they have some different options available like grilled jalapenos.
stallion6
AG
Family went Friday. Pizza is good and the pour your own beer is a cool feature. Building a nice play area for kids that will open at a later date.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.