Another beautiful church is gone

2,231 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_95
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Many pass this on the way to CS. My dad has lived in east temple for over 20 years. This makes me sad.

https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/bell-county/church-engulfed-in-flames-east-of-temple
Astrobo
AG
Very sad. I understand it was struck by lightning.
aggiepaintrain
AG
man
80s Guy
80s Guy
So a post earlier that they actually got the fire under control and saved the Church. Fire damage was limited to upstairs and water damage in the sanctuary. Not 100% sure it's true but several Westphalia folks shared the update earlier.
c-jags
Sad to see that.

I grew up in Wall TX and there was a brethren church there and it's always a little whimsical when I pass by that. Not a common denomination.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Back in Austin, I used to work with a lady from Wall. She'd be about 75 now. I used to drive past there when I would go to National Guard Drill in San Angelo. It seemed so far away then (circa 1997).
TshirtVulture
The Wall Brethren is about the only outlier in the denomination with most being along the "Bohemian Trail" from Ennis to Houston
TshirtVulture
And the did a great job putting a stop on that fire and saving so much of it
c-jags
TshirtVulture said:

The Wall Brethren is about the only outlier in the denomination with most being along the "Bohemian Trail" from Ennis to Houston

The whole community is German/Czech. Most people i went to school with were Catholics but the Brethren has a strong contingency.

I grew up Baptist out there so I was kinda on the outside, but did a good bit with the Brethren youth group.
Aggie_95
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.