Goat Fence

2,510 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by COSCAG67
COSCAG67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for pointers on goat fencing. What materials are the best to use? Should we be putting the corner posts in concrete? I've been told yes and no due to the clay (we are near Rogers). And what should we expect to spend per foot?

BohunkAg
AG
Trying to keep your old lady in?
COSCAG67
AG
Hell no. She can leave me at home with a little peace and quiet any time she wants
TSHIRTAGWANNAB
Our contractor used "goat fencing" with one strand of barbed wire at the top. They drove all our pipe in the ground at least three feet with no concrete, everything is still straight and as tight as it was the day we installed it. It cost us about $3 linear foot.
COSCAG67
AG
That is in line with what I was told. How long ago was it installed?
tjones
AG
Who installed your fencing? I'm near Taylor, looking for a fence crew to install 5 strand barb wire.

Thanks!
aggieheart
AG
This is the best we have used: http://www.staytuff.com/Stiff-Sheep.asp with one strand of barbed wire on the bottom ( we also run a strand on top but it isnt necessary for goats).Don't use 6" or 12" opening field fence. The goats will get their head stuck. You can also use 9 strand barbed wire fence. I am in Bell county too. If you aren't going to concrete your corners just make sure you get at least three feet buried and brace them well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TshirtVulture
If you can throw water through it, a goat can escape it...
COSCAG67
AG
aggieheart said:

This is the best we have used: http://www.staytuff.com/Stiff-Sheep.asp with one strand of barbed wire on the bottom ( we also run a strand on top but it isnt necessary for goats).Don't use 6" or 12" opening field fence. The goats will get their head stuck. You can also use 9 strand barbed wire fence. I am in Bell county too. If you aren't going to concrete your corners just make sure you get at least three feet buried and brace them well.

That's the fencing we ended up going with and the pipes were driven 4-5' so I think we are good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.