Belton New Tech requirements

2,155 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Captain Pablo
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Required viewing for chemistry students. Also required, "fake" Tinder accounts...

This school needs to (and will) close

3rd Generation Ag
AG
I really don't get how this option got so out of control. The city where I now live has a number of alternate no frills options and those give kids who really don't want all the distractions of a traditional high school a great place to learn and get on with their lives. We have two collegiate high schools, one more academic and the other more slanted for the two year degree in tech and service fields.Both have students with associate degrees and high school degrees at the end of four years. We have a no frills campus that has a graduation ceremony every couple of weeks for students who just want to get credits as fast as possible and get out, we have a dropout prevention center where students who need to work during the day can go in the evenings to finish their degree, we have a tech center where students can get wonderful tech certifications for free, including a fire academy and some strong medical related certifications.

I love that the kids have so many options.

And none of them have been misused like it appears happened with new tech.
mazzag
AG
Before New Tech was an Apple school, it was used as an alternative school for kids that just wanted to work at their own pace, had outside jobs, and wanted to graduate. Not with associate degrees or trade skills, but it kept drop outs from dropping out. Now it's a glorified "emo" alternative to BHS with a misguided view that one has to be Mensa to go there.

BISD is so bass akwards to other ISD's when it comes to high school curriculums.
c-jags
Quote:

Also required, "fake" Tinder accounts...
explain more if you don't mind?
mazzag
AG
I guess I was misinformed. Chemistry students could "voluntarily" create fake Tinder accounts. To learn what? I have no idea.
c-jags
I was in a meeting so I couldn't watch the video till now.

I'm pretty sure a boring Kahn Academy video could have accomplished the same thing with out being so purposefully provocative. No real benefit to that kind of social engineering.
Captain Pablo
AG
New Tech is a waste of space and money and should have been axed a long time ago

It's completely unnecessary
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Before New Tech was an Apple school, it was used as an alternative school for kids that just wanted to work at their own pace, had outside jobs, and wanted to graduate. Not with associate degrees or trade skills, but it kept drop outs from dropping out. Now it's a glorified "emo" alternative to BHS with a misguided view that one has to be Mensa to go there.

BISD is so bass akwards to other ISD's when it comes to high school curriculums.

It was also a pressure release valve to delay the need to build a new high school. A way to siphon kids out of the main building, but not create a separate entity for UIL participation purposes

I agree with you. They went off the rails, and it should've been disbanded a long time ago

With the new high school being built, it is completely unnecessary, if it ever was necessary
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.