Pool costs

3,173 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
COSCAG67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about an underground pool... nothing fancy, just basic. Who would you recommend and what's the ball park $$$ ? Temple area.
dodger02
AG
Ocean Quest Pools posted something on Facebook last week that said their basic pool starts at $51k. For them, that's your price of entry.
c-jags
Lou Akins I guess? Pretty well renowned and great reviews.

If you want Aggie contractors Lee Armstrong and Patrick Johnson are both great guys but I don't know if pool work is their forte.
JAW3336
AG
I would guess 40K would be a base price

I spent 60K in Round Rock 3 years ago but did quite a few extras.
ag0207
AG
If you stick with very basic you are probably looking at 30-35k. If you go plaster interior, no water features, no hot tub, no heater, basic tile & minimal decking the cost will stay low.
Tex_Ag_2017
AG
Even without a contractor, you couldn't build a pool for $35k in the Waco area. Not sure about Temple but I imagine that it is similar. My friend who contracts pools had a customer want him to do a pool for a budget of $30-$35k and he said he couldn't even do it without charging contract fees.

TLDR: Base pool price around $45k
ag0207
AG
We had an estimate 3 years ago when we built ours. That was the base cost for a very basic pool 20' x 30'. Ours ended up being quite a bit more because we had a lot of upgrades. We also got three bids & that was the lowest bid of the three.
COSCAG67
AG
Who was the contractor?
ag0207
AG
It was a recommendation we got from a friend. I will see if I can find the paperwork. We ended up going with a different contractor that was a little higher on the cost but listened to what we wanted.
COSCAG67
AG
Who did you end up going with?
ag0207
AG
Chris Perry of Central TX pool & patio.
The Grinder (99)
AG
Lee Armstrong is fabulous to work with, BUT, I don't think he does pools.

Patrick Johnson does with Mark Fryar.

All three are good guys
Rabid Cougar
AG
Chaparrel Pools.

He is in Houston but does work in Central Texas. Is from Temple/Cameron area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.