Only the Harvey Relief board hasn't had another post in the last 11 days.

4,056 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by c-jags
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to get he CenTex board off of that list.

Hope all fo the Central Texas peeps are doing well and enjoying the beautiful springtime weather.
c-jags
I almost posted in the I35 thread due to some of the lane changes. But I noticed them on my drive to Dallas and hadn't had a chance.
HollywoodBQ
AG
This thread/board is like going to George's:

I walk in with optimism,
look around,
see that it's too Midway in here
and then I leave disappointed
GIF Reactor
AG
I had noticed that too. Just not much going on in this area. The nice weather must have kept everyone away. Of course it is forecasted to rain this weekend. No golf, I guess.
Captain Pablo
AG
Well we haven't had a good Belton vs Temple knock down drag out in awhile

We could do that, I guess
c-jags
We could talk about the new crossroads park monstrosity between Hilliard and westfield. It's coming along pretty nicely.
mazzag
AG
Why is that a monstrosity? Looks nice. I'm not sure all the soccer fields are warranted but who knows.
Captain Pablo
AG
here we go
mazzag
AG
Have you ever been to the Georgetown rec center? It's nice! That's what this area needs!
c-jags
Captain Pablo said:

here we go
mission accomplished.

monstrosity because it's huge. not ugly or anything. i'd rather that than more cookie cutter houses that surround it.

i run in that area early morning a lot and have gone around it in the dark more than a few times, but just drove a circle around it out of curiosity this weekend in the daylight. it looks like (i could be wrong) they're adding a tennis court on the northwest side which would be great. my wife plays a lot and isn't going to pay for Wildflower membership to just play tennis.

i'm curious what they're going to do with the semicircle across Hilliard. Theres a structure there and they're building parking, but i can't place what the rest of it is.

ETA: a quick googling solved this for me.

https://www.ci.temple.tx.us/2013/Crossroads-Recreational-Complex

Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Have you ever been to the Georgetown rec center? It's nice! That's what this area needs!

I have not been there

I have been to 600 Degrees pizza there

It ain't bad
Rabid Cougar
AG
Captain Pablo said:

mazzag said:

I have not been there

I have been to 600 Degrees pizza there

It ain't bad
I will 2nd the 600 Degrees Pizza.
BohunkAg
AG
you people suck.

the end.
c-jags
BohunkAg said:

you people suck.

the end.
We're Bell County.

we can't all have the exciting news of the new Kolache place in West and whatever the Gaines are doing in Waco bruh.
mazzag
AG
Chip Gained was at Milllers a few days ago. Now the line will be out the door. J/K, the line is always out the door.
jejdag
Big news: there's a bbq cook off in big ol' Troy on Saturday. Also, my neighbor might be having a Garage Sale the same day! '
c-jags
mazzag said:

Chip Gained was at Milllers a few days ago. Now the line will be out the door. J/K, the line is always out the door.

I still remember eating there when Dirk's son walked in covered in blood to get tea and said "Mr. c-jags your deer is going to turn out real nice. Think we'll have it done in a couple of days" and went back to taxiderming.
mazzag
AG
They've moved since then...
But still gross. Why I never ate at the old location.
c-jags
mazzag said:

They've moved since then...
But still gross. Why I never ate at the old location.

I actually liked it more in those days. Now it's a long line and filled with people that never would have set foot in the old location.

Not being elitist or anything just liked the old charm.
mazzag
AG
I'm one of the ones that never went to the old location. The taxidermy thing freaked me out, but as a girl that doesn't like to kill deer, but craves venison, imma hypocrite. You're correct on the crowd. Lots of ll bean vest wearing folks in line.

Edit to add- hunt all you want, just not in my backyard. And the Mr knows how I feel so as long as I'm not home...
BohunkAg
AG
c-jags said:

BohunkAg said:

you people suck.

the end.
We're Bell County.

we can't all have the exciting news of the new Kolache place in West and whatever the Gaines are doing in Waco bruh.
All the kolache places seem to be closing...people dying, leases getting bought out...the local ones anyway.
45-70Ag
AG
What's wrong with midway
EMY92
AG
It was much better before they decided to start accepting all of the WISD refugees in an attempt to become good in football.

The old, crappy apartment that are everywhere in Hewitt do not help the situation either.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sounds like you've been hanging out with my dad on the jobsite
petey88

Sounds to me like history is repeating itself, over and over and over.

I can vividly remember a guy stopping off from I 35 asking for directions to have a good time.

Another local guy said go north or south until you see the waco city limits sign, and keep on going.
EMY92
AG
Your dad is a wise man.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Thanks. You're right. Once you get past the old man facade, he actually knows some stuff. He's seen quite a bit in his 80+ years.
agsalaska
AG
All good
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Looks like I'll be in Waco around the 15th of June. Can't wait!

My youngest turns 21 in July. Too bad JT McCords isn't there anymore. That's where I bought my first legal drink just after midnight some 27 years ago.

Of course I'd already bought plenty of drinks at Heart of Texas Speedway and West Fraternal
mazzag
AG
Bump! Nothing to share? I'll start...looks like I14 expansion to the top of Nolanville hill in Belton has begun! Prayers for commuters.
I also understand that the bares are having a good season...Rhule is too good for them.
UMHB has had a natty title stripped because Pete loaned a car to a player. Extremely dumb, but he knows better, or should have.
Belton has a Tractor Supply but not much else has erected with all the new growth...
Except a grotesque display of faux wealth in the new high school. Glad kincannon is gone. Good luck Waco ISD.
c-jags
mazzag said:

Bump! Nothing to share? I'll start...looks like I14 expansion to the top of Nolanville hill in Belton has begun! Prayers for commuters.
I also understand that the bares are having a good season...Rhule is too good for them.
UMHB has had a natty title stripped because Pete loaned a car to a player. Extremely dumb, but he knows better, or should have.
Belton has a Tractor Supply but not much else has erected with all the new growth...
Except a grotesque display of faux wealth in the new high school. Glad kincannon is gone. Good luck Waco ISD.

Road Construction, new stores, stirring up about BISD and Baylor.

Order is restored.

I will say I hadn't seen the Tractor Supply till this week, but I don't think I've gone down 190 since June.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.