Vets Funeral

2,206 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by biobioprof
SpringAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazzag
AG
About 2000 folks showed up!
rugger74
AG
Outstanding. Hope this will become a tradition for all vets that have no family or close friends.
SpringAg92
mazzag said:

About 2000 folks showed up!

Very touching. I like the idea from rugger74 that it becomes a tradition for those vets who are not expected to have anybody come to their funeral.
petey88

Old Centex board poster here, outstanding what the fine folks did.

I saw it on the Corpus Christi tv news, national news and all over the net.

Salute to Central Texas for supporting our Vets !!

Hope all y'all are doing great !
mazzag
AG
Doing great. Even better when I35 is finished. We go to North Padre every summer for vacation and our favorite restaurant for date night is Yardarm! I really like Corpus enough to live there!
petey88
mazzag said:

Doing great. Even better when I35 is finished. We go to North Padre every summer for vacation and our favorite restaurant for date night is Yardarm! I really like Corpus enough to live there!

Hi mazzag

I'm now in Rockport, been here a little under a year. It's as cool as it gets,...

I hear horror stories about I35, my brother is still in waco.

I had to go to Corpus two weeks ago, simply because of it being my nearest branch bank, and to fire my former employer. They tried to deny a retiree benefit, but I finally proved them wrong. The closest branch was there as well.

I'm older, slower, and having the best time of my life here. I took early retirement two years ago, and do not regret it one bit.

However, I had an opportunity fall into my lap last Friday. I will be moving to Florida any day, just tying up loose ends here. I love Rockport, but the offer was too good to pass up as I had never been to Florida, nor been on a boat in salt water.

Long story short, a retired buddy bought a 50 foot boat, and needs help fixing it to set out to sea. I am a retired technician and fixing stuff is right up my alley. Rufus, my 100# Boxer died last May, and I have no responsibilities other than the pursuit of happiness.

At any rate, I won't ramble on here now, but I watch TexAgs as much as I can.

As always, best wishes to all here
mazzag
AG
biobioprof
another tomorrow

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.