Temple ER question.

2,954 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mazzag
Gigemchicken90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Cameron ER is closing. Where should I take employees with non life threatening injuries? Is the main Scott and White the only place? Personally we go to College Station but since our farm is located and most employees live near Buckholts, in the metropolis of Pettibone, that wouldn't make sense.

Thanks
mazzag
AG
The urgent care place on 31st and Adams/central.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Thank you
bigtruckguy3500
In general, unless you're worried about loss of life, limb, or eye sight, go to an urgent care. And a free standing er is not an urgent care, although sometimes both are available. Most of the time it'll be cheaper and faster, and care will be the same.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Thank you.

Our trouble in the past has been finding doctors that accept workman's comp.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
The ER that is closing in Cameron is it with the Little River Hospital there?

Just curious cuz it seems that they have been up and down lately in the news the past few years.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Yes and they are closing Rockdale as well.

According toa letter from the Little River Health Care Holidings, if a partner wasn`t found by this afternoon with a commitment for financial help Rockdale Hospital, Rockdale Family Care Center, Rockdale Downtown Medical CLinic, Cameron Hospital, and Cameron CLinic would all discontinue services on December 7th. No further details have been made available.
mazzag
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

Thank you.

Our trouble in the past has been finding doctors that accept workman's comp.

That's a tough one. Does your wc carrier have a list of doctors/clinics available? I know there is one in temple but the name escapes me. I'll try and reach out to my only wc claimant and see if he remembers where he went. And remember, any child, up to 18 can go to the McClains children's hospital er.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Thank you. I will look into it all tomorrow. Just checking with locals for ideas.
BohunkAg
AG
mazzag said:

This place is a little further west, but has both an ER and Urgent Care. Let's just say I have a vested interest in it. Good folks work there though. I can vouch for them.

https://www.premier.care/temple-tx/
mazzag
AG
I love that place! Great folks there. It would be further west for op but it does have an er.
c-jags
BohunkAg said:

mazzag said:

This place is a little further west, but has both an ER and Urgent Care. Let's just say I have a vested interest in it. Good folks work there though. I can vouch for them.

https://www.premier.care/temple-tx/

Nah. They're turds.

I kid. I know both the operating Drs and they're good dudes. Dr. Smith is an awesome guy.

We'll go there for anything minor. I don't know about workman's comp that the OP asked about. I hear just fine things about the one on 31st and Adams though.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

The Cameron ER is closing. Where should I take employees with non life threatening injuries? Is the main Scott and White the only place? Personally we go to College Station but since our farm is located and most employees live near Buckholts, in the metropolis of Pettibone, that wouldn't make sense.

Thanks
So you took your sick hens to the ER?????
Gigemchicken90
AG
Yes of course we did.
McInnis80
For urgent care we have used AFC Urgent Care in Temple.
Captain Pablo
AG
At my wits end with S&W

So y'all recommend these urgent care places over S&W?
jfc77
So are these places urgent care only?.... Or can I just go to see a Dr?
BohunkAg
AG
jfc77 said:

So are these places urgent care only?.... Or can I just go to see a Dr?
Your first choice should generally be to make an appointment with your doctor and go see him/her. If you can't get in, an urgent care/ER is your fallback. That's how I look at it.
mazzag
AG
Sorry for the derail, but does anyone go to wellstone in belton? I've been looking for a family pcp since mine moved to Wisconsin in 2015. I know, I know...
We tried Guajardo in belton but the girls up front are rude and while appreciative of the time he takes with patients, it's just too much of my time. I ran by the dr's office on lake road, can't think of his name, gave those girls my insurance information and my number so they could let me know if they take our insurance. Never heard back. I'd really like to avoid S&W.
Maybe LRV is better organized as Seton and Dr Barkis was my pcp over a decade ago. Any recs are appreciated. My insurance doesn't restrict who I see. We don't have a "network". Just need to make sure the dr takes our insurance.
templeton
Erin Jeanes is a FNP at Wellstone and is great. Everyone I know who goes to Wellstone loves it. They have GP, pediatrics, and ortho I think.
mazzag
AG
That's good to know! Thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.