Best place for auto loans?

1,968 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cowboy1990
jpb1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are the best places for auto loans? I checked the texell site and they have 2.19% for 60 months. Any other credit unions with good rates?

TIA!

Spane Bohem

templeton
that's a good rate IMO. my credit union, randolph-brooks, is 2.9 right now, and they are usually pretty competitive.
a07nathanb
AG
I've heard that Texell will tell you that you are required to purchase gap and credit life insurance to qualify for the best rates. I've never personally dealt with them but have heard that from multiple friends.
COSCAG67
AG
I haven't found anything better than randolph brooks personally... use them for everything.
mazzag
AG
a07nathanb said:

I've heard that Texell will tell you that you are required to purchase gap and credit life insurance to qualify for the best rates. I've never personally dealt with them but have heard that from multiple friends.

I recently canceled the credit life on the car loan I co-signed for my husbands son. Both of us have to die for the credit life to kick in. It's not forced just in the docs and cost glossed over. Their GAP is super affordable. Their extended warranty is shabby. We refied my husbands truck and added it and I made a point that the inside monitor for the radio, backup camera and navigation is expensive to replace, so I definitely wanted the extended warranty. Except the "tech" package wasn't checked, didn't know we needed that, and the inside monitor went out last month and it wasn't covered. I'm pissed and Texell is trying to figure out how to make it right. Other than that I'm happy with our interest rates and happy to pay less for GAP.

ETA: a good friend passed away a couple of years ago. He had recently bought a new tundra thru Texell. Had credit life on the truck. Then they refused to release the title because he had 2 lots financed thru them and cross collateralzation kicked in. That didn't go over well and the truck was released. The lots were easily sold. Credit life can be good.
Cowboy1990
Have one through Greater Texas FCU (Sequoia) and one through Toyota financial (Tundra). Both are 1.9%
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.