Architect in Temple/Belton area

1,384 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FrAgOlRock
FrAgOlRock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in the process of designing a new home and am at the point where I need to get an architect involved. Any recommendations in the Belton/Temple area? I am willing to go as far as Austin, but would rather keep it local.

TIA
Cowboy1990
Can't remember who we used but they were located over behind Lastovica jewelers in Temple.

I gave them a drawing that I had done of what we wanted each side to roughly look like as well as what we wanted the floor plan to look like with rough measurements and then they took it from there to create the blueprints with everything the builder needed.
GIF Reactor
AG
Do you need a licensed architect for your project? If it is residential and under a certain square-footage, you won't need a licensed architect but could use a home designer. Curtis Cook out of Salado has a good reputation.
FrAgOlRock
AG
Thanks to you both!

Crusader, what was the ball park cost for those services?

EA, thanks! I will look into the Home Designer route. Do you happen to know typical costs?
Cowboy1990
Man, that was 5 years and thousands of dollars ago... hahaha.... seriously though, maybe $800 - $1,500? I really don't honestly remember but I feel like it was in that ballpark. Like it was nothing in the grand scheme of things. I wish I could tell you for sure but not 100%

I just know it was someone our builder recommended as they worked with them before and it was a dump truck load less than an actual architect would have been.
FrAgOlRock
AG
Thanks again Crusader! I was expecting somewhere in the ball park. Did you get full originals with blueprints? Do you remember how man revisions you were allotted?
Cowboy1990
We got everything we needed. I dont recall us ever making any changes because we had hashed and rehashed everything out on paper ourselves before we ever took my drawings to them.
GIF Reactor
AG
Crusader, RD Chaplin is behind Lastovica.

FrAgOlRock, the cost depends on SF. Each place is different with respect to quantity of revisions. Ask up front.
Cowboy1990
Electrical_Ag said:

Crusader, RD Chaplin is behind Lastovica.

FrAgOlRock, the cost depends on SF. Each place is different with respect to quantity of revisions. Ask up front.

That's it!
FrAgOlRock
AG
Thanks a bunch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.