Jack Welch gone from Cove?

2,057 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Demosthenes81
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know what the deal is there?
Willis
AG
A lot of rumors going around. He may have finally wore out his welcome.
rather be fishing
AG
Willis said:

A lot of rumors going around. He may have finally wore out his welcome.

Only took 23 years?
Willis
AG
I've only lived here eight years now, but I never understood why he was worshipped so much. He has his fingers in so much here in town it's crazy.
templeton
nothing happened. board just thinks it's time to move in a different direction, and he's not gonna let them off easy with a resignation.
Cowboy1990
From what I hear he basically had all sort of side deals to earn extra money and they grew tired of it and started cutting his budget. CC was a cellar dweller before he for there. Wouldn't shock me to see it for that way again.
Willis
AG
Why can't the district just announce he's done at the end of the contract and move on? They've done more damage being quiet than just being done with it.

If they decided to move in a new direction, why now? How much harder will it be to find a good coach now instead of immediately after the season? That's why rumors are going around that something is up.
Cowboy1990
No kidding. Odd time for it to occur. Lots of coaches are off the market at this point and time. Not to mention you put the new hire at a major disadvantage by them starting this late.
Gigemchicken90
AG
80,000 to "retire"
'90
Demosthenes81
AG
This statement from the KWTX.com site blows my mind:
Quote:

Welch also agreed to grant the district a license to use the Bulldawg logo, which he personally registered as a trademark in December 2002, for a period of 10 years and to provide the district "with a full accounting of all contracts, agreements or arrangements which are currently in force" into Welch entered on behalf of the district or "in regard to the district athletic program, district advertising or creation or sale of district merchandising."
Any employee who is allowed to use school resources to cut his own marketing deals is playing way above the arrogance level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.