$830,000.00 in cash?!?

3,925 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CashMoneyYo
Brazos Born
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/rockdale-resident-found-passed-out-in-vehicle-with-sheriff-s/article_edb9106e-313c-11e8-8018-6f0279b2ed0b.html

Bet the full story behind this is a doozy.
Cowboy1990
Was told today by someone who knows him that his family has been runni my a gaming establishment out of an old gas station for years.
mazzag
AG
He owns online gambling sites. Money is legit although cash so maybe not legit to the irs. I'm not sure how online gambling works except that money was likely owed to online winners. My dumbass cousin dated him years ago. I no longer speak to dumbass cousin. FWIW.
mazzag
AG
It's no doozy. He's an idiot that slurs sober.
BohunkAg
AG
Any way you cut it, it's a bad day when you get 830K confiscated.
LawCC
AG
The money is not legit. It is illegal to own or operate an online gambling site in Texas.
mazzag
AG
That's why they're operated somewhere in South America. I don't know how it works but I know if people that own them.
BohunkAg
AG
LawCC said:

The money is not legit. It is illegal to own or operate an online gambling site in Texas.
Cowboy1990
BohunkAg said:

Any way you cut it, it's a bad day when you get 830K confiscated.

Bad day for the person getting caught! Question is, where does rust money go? Fires the county get any of it? I honestly have no idea.
Rabid Cougar
AG
County Law enforcement gets 70% and district attorney gets 30%.
Cowboy1990
That sure helps out the county!
Gigemchicken90
AG
There also was supposedly a little black book confiscated with a lot of interesting names.
Gigemchicken90
AG
He got 1 - yes one-day confinement. He pled down to a misdemeanor gambling charge and will forfeit 540,000 to Milam County which is strapped for cash after the closing of Luminant/Alcoa in Rockdale. Apparently, there was no case to charge him for anything else. The DA wanted to avoid backlogs, delays and appeals and took the guaranteed sum.
'90
mazzag
AG
They're both just happy the Feds didn't get involved. That would've drug it out. This investigation started before 9/11.

https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/08/15/five-billion-dollar-gambling-ring-busted-in-north-texas/amp/
BohunkAg
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

He got 1 - yes one-day confinement. He pled down to a misdemeanor gambling charge and will forfeit 540,000 to Milam County which is strapped for cash after the closing of Luminant/Alcoa in Rockdale. Apparently, there was no case to charge him for anything else. The DA wanted to avoid backlogs, delays and appeals and took the guaranteed sum.
Smart damn move on the DA's part. I can only guess what would've happened in McLennan County.
Cowboy1990
CashMoneyYo
And of course the gov just helps themselves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.