Salado's new district

2,688 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3rd Generation Ag
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4A Region 2 District 8
Fairfield 113 miles
Lorena 38 miles
Madisonville 125 miles
Mexia 92 miles
Robinson 47 miles
Salado
Waco Connally 60 miles

Adding insult to injury, most of those miles are up 35, through the construction zones.

THAT SUCKS
Cowboy1990
UIL probably got tired of that guy with the Sunshine4Salado Facebook site slamming the District.
mazzag
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Rogers spent a number of years having to to schools down by San Antonio so I sympathize. Worst was the JV and middle school games that were on Thursday nights. Those kids were pretty much sleepwalking the next day in class.
Captain Pablo
AG
UIL has really screwed things up
mazzag
AG
They can and should go 317 or the loop around temple. That's the white knuckle part to me and anything with more than 2 axles ought to be forced to use the loop. It's so narrow, much worse than Salado was, IMO. I'm glad Belton won't play San Angelo anymore.
BohunkAg
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Part of the problem is the ELEVEN classifications for football.

That's what really screws everything up. The realignment folks are pretty much handcuffed by this stupidity.
BohunkAg
AG
If you look at 4A-D2 for football, that was really the only place Salado could've gone....which is ridiculous.
Captain Pablo
AG
BohunkAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

That's what really screws everything up. The realignment folks are pretty much handcuffed by this stupidity.

Yep. that's what I was referring to
Cowboy1990
Captain Pablo said:

BohunkAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

You want to know how bad it really is.... as of today (2-6-2018) 28 teams have already qualified foe the 2018 UIL Football playoffs.... TWENTY-EIGHT! No, they not only haven't played a game yet, they haven't even had a practice yry?
Captain Pablo
AG
Crusaders41 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BohunkAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

You want to know how bad it really is.... as of today (2-6-2018) 28 teams have already qualified foe the 2018 UIL Football playoffs.... TWENTY-EIGHT! No, they not only haven't played a game yet, they haven't even had a practice yry?
It's ridiculous. The UIL is a completely inept institution. Just disband it and start over

They have destroyed MANY neighboring town rivalries by their stupidity and significantly increased travel

Where are the AD's? The Superintendents? Time to say enough is enough
BohunkAg
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Crusaders41 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BohunkAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

It's ridiculous. The UIL is a completely inept institution. Just disband it and start over

They have destroyed MANY neighboring town rivalries by their stupidity and significantly increased travel

Where are the AD's? The Superintendents? Time to say enough is enough
I agree with this. West and Hillsboro used to be big rivals. We don't even see them any more. It's just dumb as hell. Waco LaVega and Waco Connally and Robinson and Lorena? Nope. LaVega and China Spring are with Brownwood and Stephenville. Connally, Robinson, and Lorena are in that district with Salado and Madisonville. Stupidity of the highest order.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Supers vote on these changes.
Captain Pablo
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

Supers vote on these changes.
They vote on classifications and divisions?

So for instance, the superintendents for Academy and Rogers vote on the issue of whether Academy and Rogers are in the same district?

The whole thing started when the dumbasses decided to split into divisions for the regular season rather than the playoffs

There aren't 6 classifications. There are really 11 classifications, not counting 6-man
mazzag
AG
Supers vote on whatever changes will put more money into the coffers. J/K. I have no idea how UIL works. I do know leaving school around 10am and returning at 1am for a game in San Angelo makes no damn sense for student athletes. I doubt there's tutors on the bus, too.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
They are the ones who voted for two divisions and for four teams in playoffs.

Here is the process for changes.

https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/amending-rules
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.