Temple moving to 6a

4,725 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://ktemnews.com/temple-wildcats-move-to-class-6a-under-uil-realignment/
Demosthenes81
AG
mazzag said:

http://ktemnews.com/temple-wildcats-move-to-class-6a-under-uil-realignment/
Midway says hey!
Matsui
Matsui
AG
Looks like it isn't true
mazzag
AG
Did TISD misreport attendance numbers? Did the UIL change something?
Hello Newman
The UIL makes sure Highland Park is 5A. The rest of us are on our own.
Captain Pablo
AG
Matsui said:

Looks like it isn't true

Do you have a link?

I haven't seen this
Matsui
AG
My fault. Yes. Moving to 6a. 100 kids over the cutoff.
Captain Pablo
AG
Matsui said:

My fault. Yes. Moving to 6a. 100 kids over the cutoff.

Ok

Gonna be rough for Temple

Should be a playoff team though
mazzag
AG
The development going on in temple is crazy. It won't take long until they catch up.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

The development going on in temple is crazy. It won't take long until they catch up.

Where? Is the development?
mazzag
AG
Between the loop and Marlanwood, around 5th. 16 acres of 50 beginning to get developed. Plus the city's plans for the medical corridor from the VA to canyon creek along 5th. Temple has several high end apartment complexes. Sooner or later folks want to buy.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Between the loop and Marlanwood, around 5th. 16 acres of 50 beginning to get developed. Plus the city's plans for the medical corridor from the VA to canyon creek along 5th. Temple has several high end apartment complexes. Sooner or later folks want to buy.

That's not near enough land area to catch up to BISD size
mazzag
AG
Captain Pablo said:

mazzag said:

Giddy up. It's coming. And I'm tired of the BISD snobbery over TISD. TISD ruled for so long and it's whipping back around. As long as BISD continues to dummy up their classes and their stem program is next to last in the state, other ISD's will expose them. I'm so proud of my 9th graders grades but at the same time I think how in the hell... not because she's not smart but a 99 in AP Spanish 2 is suspect to me.
I'm sure she's well prepared for A&M.
mazzag
AG
It's well rumored BISD dumbs down classes. Unfortunately I only learned this the past year.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Captain Pablo said:

mazzag said:

Giddy up. It's coming. And I'm tired of the BISD snobbery over TISD. TISD ruled for so long and it's whipping back around. As long as BISD continues to dummy up their classes and their stem program is next to last in the state, other ISD's will expose them. I'm so proud of my 9th graders grades but at the same time I think how in the hell... not because she's not smart but a 99 in AP Spanish 2 is suspect to me.
I'm sure she's well prepared for A&M.

That has nothing to do with what I said

I'm saying temple ISD will never catch up in size to Belton ISD

Ever

There is not enough land left in TISD
3rd Generation Ag
AG
That goes back to the decisions made in the 50's or maybe even before, to keep Temple schools to the footprint of the city of Temple. There was no interest in expanding and I remember hearing people say no desire to have to create transportation systems if they expanded. So the areas around consolidated the even smaller schools and Temple has long outgrown that foot print. But many of the new areas are in Belton, Academy, Troy, even Rogers schools. There is still some area in North Temple, but little indication that it will become an in location. Near west Temple, still has some unbuilt land. Northwest was give over to the industrial park, so not much chance of housing boom there. There is some land between the loop and Academy, but some it will be more valuable as commercial property. Temple will grow, but not at the rate that Belton grows.
Captain Pablo
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

That goes back to the decisions made in the 50's or maybe even before, to keep Temple schools to the footprint of the city of Temple. There was no interest in expanding and I remember hearing people say no desire to have to create transportation systems if they expanded. So the areas around consolidated the even smaller schools and Temple has long outgrown that foot print. But many of the new areas are in Belton, Academy, Troy, even Rogers schools. There is still some area in North Temple, but little indication that it will become an in location. Near west Temple, still has some unbuilt land. Northwest was give over to the industrial park, so not much chance of housing boom there. There is some land between the loop and Academy, but some it will be more valuable as commercial property. Temple will grow, but not at the rate that Belton grows.

That was exactly what happened

They didn't want to send buses out to the rural countryside

And there was also probably a little racism sprinkled in there. They thought the east Temple black community would expand out into east Bell County and they didn't want to service that

So yeah, TISD is left with what it has now, which is a very few small patches of dirt that will be full soon. And then, TISD will be done growing
mazzag
AG
Nice, "a little racism". The 6a cutoff is 2190 and above. At the end of last year, Temple high school had 2070 students. So with the cutoff, that's and increase of 120+ students at the high school. TISD has some great things going on and being a land locked district probably helps them focus their money to more worthy things than buildings and overhead, you know, like education. Yes Belton high school has a lot more students. But if we're comparing results on the gridiron, Temple has us whipped. And likely always will, especially splitting talent between 2 high schools. Unfortunately that will hurt all of BISD's UIL academic and sports performances. There's a reason folks were against 2 high schools and it's not just about football.
mazzag
AG
And even when they're done growing, they're still 6a. BHS will stay 6a as well. How long before west temple high is 6a?
mazzag
AG
And suck it 0U
c-jags
I dislike OU as much as anybody. Why here?
mazzag
AG
They had just lost in OT. Sorry.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Wow. I just took a look at the list of 6a schools. I can't believe Midway's enrollment @2448 surpasses Waco High @2195. Waco University is in 5A Div2 @1803. I can't believe University has grown that much too.

At least Calvert is keepin' it real in 1A Div2 @47 students. I assume y'all have seen the ESPN show they did recently on 6-Man football including a focus on Calvert, Richland Springs, etc. It's a must watch.

3rd Generation Ag
AG
My high school is a major power in six man and in UIL academics. Borden County. The school is the heart of the community.
mazzag
AG
This is what I came to the board to share. No more trips to San Angelo.

c-jags
San Angelo is awesome. why hate going there?

for the reals, glad to see the old gang back together. no trips longer than 45 minutes for anybody except may Cove and Waco schools.
mazzag
AG
I'm dreading a 6 hour round trip in one night for a soccer game. But I'm also sad at the loss of the only other decent opponent, SA and Midway. Belton may be screwed in football though.
c-jags
i've never made that trip in 3 hours and my family is still there. how fast are you driving on 190 and 87?
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

i've never made that trip in 3 hours and my family is still there. how fast are you driving on 190 and 87?

Maps said it's 3 hours from my house to the high school.
BurrOak
AG
District 5-4A:

Gatesville
China Spring
La Vega
Stephenville
Brownwood

That's gotta be the toughest 4A district in the state.
Rabid Cougar
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Wow. I just took a look at the list of 6a schools. I can't believe Midway's enrollment @2448 surpasses Waco High @2195. Waco University is in 5A Div2 @1803. I can't believe University has grown that much too.

At least Calvert is keepin' it real in 1A Div2 @47 students. I assume y'all have seen the ESPN show they did recently on 6-Man football including a focus on Calvert, Richland Springs, etc. It's a must watch.

Because Midway has open enrollment. Pulls lots of kids out of WISD . Lots of private/church schools pull from WISD too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.