190 Feasibility Study

1,828 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazzag
mazzag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Open house this Thursday night at the expo center

https://ktmpo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/US-190-Open-House-Flyer-English-Spanish_11.16.17.pdf

Check out the maps. This is crazy.

https://ktmpo.org/roadway/us-190-feasibility-study/

Go if you can and have concerns or share with friends and family this could affect. I think it even may be a toll road.
Cowboy1990
My guess is that it follows the pink route. Utilizes existing roadways to max potential IMO.

HOWEVER, could just as easily take the southern route I suppose.

What's it projected to do after it goes around Rogers???
mazzag
AG
I'm not sure. This is separate from I14, so I'd guess after Rogers, merge with I14, the "sec" highway, forts to ports.
watty
AG
JAW3336
AG
Is there really that much traffic travelling that path to need a more direct route than there is currently?
c-jags
i think it's intended as an easy path in and out of temple to the East. As of right now, there's no way to get there that's even remotely direct.

i don't see it as much of a need as a want, but it's legitimate.
EMY92
AG
mazzag said:

I think it even may be a toll road.

I don't know when this would be approved, but Abbott said "no more new toll roads".

So, if this is approved in the next several years, it won't be approved as a toll road.
mazzag
AG
I was hoping you'd reply. None of this is actually funded yet and created by a group of folks from Killeen, Belton and temple. The list of folks is interesting. And it also makes sense why Listi has forced annexation of Shanklin. Shame on Belton!

Edit to add, if this gets done, Abbott won't be in office anymore.
jpb1999
AG
Did anyone go?

Spane Bohem

Cowboy1990
Heard it was a big crowd (media) but no one that I know of.
mazzag
AG
I could not make it. Some folks from Shanklin rd went and that route goes thru a lot of their property and most appealing to BISD and the city of Belton folks. The 93 route got a lot of negative feed back due to all the new neighborhoods around s 31st and history of deathly accidents.
I drove to Rogers the other day, taking 93 to 36. It didn't take that long and I still don't understand the need.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.