Conoco gas line from Austin to Hearne runs through our land.

1,343 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rather be fishing
txcajun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a separate question/topic, but looking at our survey, we have a liquid/gas pipeline that cuts through the middle of our property. The builder is considering building the home 50' from the pipeline. Is that safe? I did a Google search and get all these horror stories about stuff blowing up and people saying, "terrorists might target them", and I'm thinking half of these people are nuts, but maybe I should be concerned? I'm guessing most neighborhoods have similar lines running through them, but didn't know if the one running from Austin to Hearne was any different. Is this a deal breaker with building on the property? Does it hurt resale value of the home?
EMY92
AG
Most pipeline issues are when they are broken during unrelated construction. They don't fail on their own too often.

Make sure that you are not trying to build in their easement, also be aware of items that may not be placed in the easement (landscaping, playsets, etc) if that it going to be in the "yard" area.

If possible, I would want to be a little further away.
rather be fishing
AG
Most easements run 30-60 feet either side of the actual pipe. I would think 50' from the edge of the easement makes more sense. I'm probably build uphill from it just to be safe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.