Lake Belton High School Broncos

3,584 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by c-jags
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Done
OutdoorAg
AG
I like the name. It would have been stupid to have the mascot be the Tigers as well, so I guess Broncos is as good as any.
mazzag
AG
Do you know why they picked broncos?
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

No. Why?
c-jags
When I talked to a BISD admin a few weeks back, Tigers was legitimately on the table. Glad they didn't go with that.
Captain Pablo
AG
c-jags said:

When I talked to a BISD admin a few weeks back, Tigers was legitimately on the table. Glad they didn't go with that.

Tigers was the frontrunner

The.board is packed with Belton HS grads, and they have never known any way other than all red, all Tigers
OutdoorAg
AG
mazzag said:

Yes, I know the mascot used to be the Broncos way back when.
Captain Pablo
AG
OutdoorAg said:

mazzag said:

Yes, I know the mascot used to be the Broncos way back when.

Hmmmm

I did not know that
mazzag
AG
So in 1920 the yearbook was called the bronco. The next year it was titled the tiger. Ooh. Wow. Let's embrace the history. Especially for you folks that look down upon the yocals but now feel superior because we have multiple high schools just like the place you abandoned to move here.
mazzag
AG
Idiots. This was so dumb to support. Even dumber to act like it's a nod to the past.
Captain Pablo
AG
We're sorry
Captain Pablo
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Red and silver, REALLY? How will you even tell the teams apart since at any distance that will look like the bling version of Red and White.
Tube
One team wears Red, the other team wears White/Silver?
Captain Pablo
AG
This is only a guess, but I assume they are red because there is so much red throughout the district.

They could either change the colors of the middle schools, which would be costly, or make the new high school the only school that is not red. Neither of those are viable options.

So red it is
mazzag
AG
There's a ton of red across the entire district. Some of the new schools have red bathroom stalls and red tiles in the flooring and walls. The football stadium, that will be shared, has red arm chair seats. Just a few examples of the cost to change for blending. What's interesting is that the athletic director said the UIL prefers 2 strong colors, like red and black or red and blue, and blue wasn't an option. I'm surprised about the silver for that reason.
Rabid Cougar
AG
I voted for the "Cedar Breakers" .
3rd Generation Ag
AG
That is what surprised me. With the silver they went as close to white as they could. I would have made the colors black and red if they did not want blue because of Temple, and then I would have made the black the principal color with red accents.
jpb1999
AG
Does it really matter? When they play each other (I assume they will, but know nothing of the situation) one will where white shirts, the other red. I would also use silver pants, but that is just me.

Spane Bohem

Captain Pablo
AG
jpb1999 said:

Does it really matter? When they play each other (I assume they will, but know nothing of the situation) one will where white shirts, the other red. I would also use silver pants, but that is just me.

No, it doesn't matter. You are correct

You tell the teams apart just like you tell A&M and Mississippi State apart. One team wears a dark jersey, the other a light jersey.

You raise a point --- playing each other

I have heard that the district will intentionally keep the schools in different classifications so that they will not compete against each other

I heard this is part of the "We're all Tigers" mindset that almost led them to name LBHS "Tigers"

Mazzag?

Any truth to that?
mazzag
AG
jpb1999 said:

If they play each other, does BHS wear red jersey with white numbers and LBMS wear white jersey with red or silver numbers? It's not about the pants, UIL wants dark numbers. So that's why red, which made sense to keep, and black made sense for the new school. Black is just an accent color to the Belton Tigers and is used too much, imo. When I cheered we had to fight with admin just to get the letters on our uniform outlined in black. Why the band wears all black, I have no idea.
mazzag
AG
I haven't heard it's intentional, but the super said the capacity at LBMS is 2500 but they intend to keep it at 1800 or so students. I think that keeps it at 4a? BHS has a 2200 capacity, without the 9, but would absorb enrollment numbers of new tech, keeping it at 6a. If new tech closes, which it should, both schools could be in the same UIL classification and play each other. And in these meetings the meat head trustee kept blabbing about what if they ever play each other so I'm concluding that new tech will close and 1000+ parents are gonna be pissed.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
The color thing makes a difference if you want to be able to stand out as a fan. It will be hard to tell a red and white shirt from a red and silver shirt.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

I haven't heard it's intentional, but the super said the capacity at LBMS is 2500 but they intend to keep it at 1800 or so students. I think that keeps it at 4a? BHS has a 2200 capacity, without the 9, but would absorb enrollment numbers of new tech, keeping it at 6a. If new tech closes, which it should, both schools could be in the same UIL classification and play each other. And in these meetings the meat head trustee kept blabbing about what if they ever play each other so I'm concluding that new tech will close and 1000+ parents are gonna be pissed.

Haha. Yeah.

Nerd HS won't go down without a fight
c-jags
I personally think Nerd HS serves a good purpose and should stay open as long as they're meeting a criteria.

There's cool stuff there.
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

I personally think Nerd HS serves a good purpose and should stay open as long as they're meeting a criteria.

There's cool stuff there.

It's purpose is for parents to shelter their kids from the general population. I know your feelings on this but at a couple of million a year to operate, it doesn't make sense when LBMS opens. I will add that the new principal is not qualified, imo and an *******. So I'm all for it closing.
c-jags
I had to think about who the principal was.

They divorced after I left the district, so I'm not informed enough to speak. I liked him and his ex-wife fine at the time of my departure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.