Temple / Rogers Foundation costs

1,575 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag In Texas
COSCAG67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for general sf costs for a foundation in this area considering the clay soils.

If you have built a home recently, please chime in.
jpb1999
AG
What part? Some good soils, some really really bad.

Spane Bohem

COSCAG67
AG
Knob hill rd and 190, assuming bad
jpb1999
AG
I think you might become my mom's neighbor then...

Yeah, pretty bad. We are a week away from finishing our pad so I'll know final cost then although on better soil than in your area. You may want to get it engineered to know for sure as you may be better off with pier and beam.

Spane Bohem

mazzag
AG
We did a pad out there in April on fm 2184. Labor and materials, including $2750 in compaction tests was $30k+. I'm not sure how big of a home it was. I'll find out when my husband gets home.
mazzag
AG
The engineer recommended a post tension slab and part of our bid/costs was digging out 2ft and one side had a 5ft drop, that added to the cost. My dad lives in a 80's built home out there. A soaker hose is his friend and Sheetrock repairs are not.
jpb1999
AG
Yes a post tension slab is another good option if not a fan of pier and beam. Might try calling CRI in belton to get an idea of design and pricing.

Spane Bohem

Ag In Texas
AG
I recently had CRI complete a geotech report and post tension foundation design for me with a house on clay soils. Total cost for the soil borings, report and foundation design were just under $2,000. That will give you information to be able to get accurate pricing. Without an engineered design, costs and design would be a shot in the dark.

Spend the extra money up front to have it properly designed. No need in shaving off $2,000 in cost to have a $200,000 home sitting on a bad foundation.
COSCAG67
AG
Agreed. One of our neighbors mentioned he received an estimate in the 70k range... I monitor construction budgets at work and thought this sounded rediculous, but then again I'm not an engineer. I'd like to see a few homes built out there before I pull the trigger on testing/design.
Cowboy1990
Best concrete man in the area is a stone's throw from there. Robert Stephens, and he's an Ag.

Look up RK Stephens Construction in Heidenheimer.
jpb1999
AG
Robert doesn't do foundations. And that info is only about 2 months old...

Spane Bohem

Ag In Texas
AG
jpb1999 said:

Robert doesn't do foundations. And that info is only about 2 months old...
Last I knew he was pretty tied up with work on TxDOT projects but it has been a while since I have talked to him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.