Where are we donating?

1,362 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gigemchicken90
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a small box truck full of stuff. From kids clothes to bedroom sets.

Where am I supposed to take it?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
We took ours to Salvation Army in Killeen. I know Sgt Craddock there and they have been working their butts off.

Been meaning to donate it for awhile, moving in Tuesday next week and was prompted d to make it priority this week.
mazzag
AG
Last I saw on Facebook they are not taking any more donations for evacuees. I'll try and find the link.
mazzag
AG
mazzag
AG
Coastal areas are still in need. A friend is heading to rockport Sunday and taking a 12ft flatbed trailer. Hell take what he can.
agsalaska
AG
Wow. That's great to see.

But that's looks to me to be specific to the Houstonians that are shacking up here in Bell County, not to the greater relief efforts. I could pretty easily, minus a mattress but including a box spring, furnish an apartment and cloth several children. I am pretty sure that effort has not been completely satisfied.

Maybe the right thing to do is to hang on to the stuff for a month or so and drive it down to a Harris County center. I can understand not wanting the immediate efforts to be inundated with stuff they do not immediately need.
c-jags
Our church said the same thing.

I think that will change in the coming weeks but they are good on the more typical donations.

I think as people get back to homes we'll know more.
mazzag
AG
It is awesome. Friends posted they needed girls' teenage clothing. I was in town, went home to grab euc jeans and tshirts, checked Facebook and the need was filled! So I'm hanging onto them. May send the items to Rockport. And agalaska, these are folks from Brazoria County. It's our sister county. Just think, if we're ever in a similar situation, they'll return the generosity and we get evac'ed there.
mazzag
AG
FWIW, I remember goodwill's in southern Louisiana had "free" days last year after their August floods when so many lost everything. I'd think coastal good wills and Salvation Army store will do the same when they can.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Most have nothing to do with donated things right now. In a month or two many will need things. Unless you have a specific family in mind and know their need I would wait.
'90
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.