Friday Night Lights - Week 1

2,787 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Captain Pablo
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton at Temple (Cats gonna roll Belton)
Stoney Point at Killeen
Cedar Park at Midway
Monterey, Mexico (Autonoma de Nuevo Leon) at Shoemaker
Ellison at Leander
A&M Consol at Cove
Harker Heights at Elgin
Roosevelt at Waco
Austin LBJ at University
Bryan at Hutto
Connally at Gatesville
Bellville at Cameron Yoe
Rogers at Academy
Salado at Troy
Robinson at Taylor
China Spring at Lorena
Burton at Holland
LaVega at Fairfield
Hubbard at Bartlett
Groesbeck at McGregor
Bruceville Eddy at Moody
Bulldog73
AG
Hating on the Waco area 2As except Hubbard and Bartlet.
agfan1030
Quote:

WACO, TX (KXXV) -
The opening game for Sam Houston State University and Richmond is being moved to McLane Stadium due to Hurricane Harvey flooding.
The game is being provided rent-free and admission is free for all fans. The game starts at 6 p.m. Friday.
"We are honored Sam Houston State and Richmond will play in McLane Stadium," Baylor Vice President and Director of Athletics Mack Rhoades said in a press release. "This is a small gesture to hopefully provide some relief in an incredibly difficult time and to assist two of the nation's premier FCS programs. We will do everything possible to provide the student-athletes, coaches and their fans a first-class experience."
The game was originally scheduled to be in Huntsville on Sunday, Aug. 27.

agsalaska
AG
I may have to go to that. Not getting in the Temple Belton game.
petey88

If it wasn't in waco, I would go.

Never going to set foot in McLane Stadium either.
JAW3336
AG
petey88 said:

What's the point of your comments?
petey88
JAW3336 said:

petey88 said:

What's the point of your comments?

I don't care for waco or that stadium, sorry if you are offended. Most here know it, and know.

What's the point of your comment ?
mazzag
AG
So is op going to update for scores?
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

So is op going to update for scores?

On the road, but

Wildcats 38, Tigers 31!

It was a great game
mazzag
AG
Yeah but Belton didn't get "rolled"
JAW3336
AG
I didn't make a comment earlier, but I will now.

You sound like an ass and not very Aggie like. You are on a centex board and keep trashing central Texas.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Yeah but Belton didn't get "rolled"

Yeah, I guess there is that
petey88
JAW3336 said:

I didn't make a comment earlier, but I will now.

You sound like an ass and not very Aggie like. You are on a centex board and keep trashing central Texas.

I really don't give a crap what you think, you are here as well. I grew up in Cen Tex, and currently reside. I trash waco, because I grew up there and left moved after high school because of two .38's stuck to my head as a 18 year old in an aggravated armed robbery.

Take your BS to someone who cares, I don't,.. *******
c-jags
mazzag
AG
Yes it did. TBH, I've boycotted spending any money, other than with an attorney, in Waco since baylol tried to block us from the sec. 35 construction thru temple has made that easier because I take the back roads, spring valley Rd, flyover onto 35 and cruise thru and on my way to DFW. I'm sure many good ags live there but I refuse to shop, get gas or Starbucks in that armpit of central Texas. Screw mclane stadium, baylol and waco. It's not like they miss my pennies spent anyway.
petey88

I know most here know my opinions from the past, and this guy pops up about me trashing central Texas,...which I don't do, nor did here. It was a waco slam,...as anyone can see except him.

I have made comments about I don't hang out in Killeen because I don't like it. I guess some can crucify me for that as well. Well, none in my family ever cared for Killeen,...ever.

Kind of funny, I did a Forum search on him yesterday for grins, looks like he may live Round Rock ( or did ), but comes off like he's an expert here.

Does he know my family member was raped by a baylro football player over a decade ago the night she graduated high school ? You folks may not here, I don't recall if I put it here, but I have said my piece on it in other forums on TA....

I also added, sorry if he was offended, but he took it up anyway. I don't listen to ignorance.

As far as I am concerned, I hope this guy loves waco, spends all his money there supporting all he loves and has fun doing it.

Round Rock sucks too,...BTW, I lived at Lake Travis for 14 years or so, so find something wrong with that.
JAW3336
AG
I guess you are just a hater and always the victim.

I am impressed with your search skills.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Captain Pablo
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Captain Pablo
AG
Alright that's enough you two

Y'all are about to ruin my Wildcats kicked the Tigers ass celebration thread
petey88

Good morning Captain,

Of course I had no dog in the hunt for that winner, I do know a bunch of Belton HS grads that were so fired up for the game. That night where I went to dinner, many of them had the BHS shirts on, and very happy to go to the rivalry game. It was fun to see the fans happy.

All I saw was the score, haven't had time to read about it yet. Saturday, I had a lot of things to do out by Lake Belton, was gone most of the day. Sunday I left early for College Station to see my "family",...my best friend for 42 years, his wife and two twenty something sons. Yesterday was the youngest son's birthday, so I stayed until this morning before returning home.

Go Wildcats , I guess ?,....my old HS in waco doesn't exist anymore, so it's no big deal to me about HS rivalry. BTW, I went to Richfield HS. As you know, that's the WHS building. They did adopt one of two of school colors, the red, and dropped the gray, and the mascot Rams.

Captain Pablo
AG
petey88 said:

Good morning Captain,

Of course I had no dog in the hunt for that winner, I do know a bunch of Belton HS grads that were so fired up for the game. That night where I went to dinner, many of them had the BHS shirts on, and very happy to go to the rivalry game. It was fun to see the fans happy.

All I saw was the score, haven't had time to read about it yet. Saturday, I had a lot of things to do out by Lake Belton, was gone most of the day. Sunday I left early for College Station to see my "family",...my best friend for 42 years, his wife and two twenty something sons. Yesterday was the youngest son's birthday, so I stayed until this morning before returning home.

Go Wildcats , I guess ?,....my old HS in waco doesn't exist anymore, so it's no big deal to me about HS rivalry. BTW, I went to Richfield HS. As you know, that's the WHS building. They did adopt one of two of school colors, the red, and dropped the gray, and the mascot Rams.

Yep -- WHS took:
1. Waco High's name
2. Waco Richfield's colors and building
3. Waco Jeff Moore's mascot

Something for everybody, I guess
Captain Pablo
AG
How's Rufus?
petey88

all good, thanks. We're just getting older, he's ten and a half now, healthy as a horse. Vet said a few weeks ago he'll probably live to be 14 or so. He does sleep a lot more, but that's OK. He was running around loose on a 5 acre spread out by Moffat last Saturday, had a barrel of fun
petey88
Captain Pablo said:

petey88 said:

Good morning Captain,

Yep -- WHS took:
1. Waco High's name
2. Waco Richfield's colors and building
3. Waco Jeff Moore's mascot

Something for everybody, I guess
the irony is that in my family, one older sibling went to the old WHS on Columbus Ave. another went to WHS on North 19th, I did RHS, my younger sibling did JMHS.

We were all 3 years apart and lived in the same house the whole time. WISD just moved the boundaries around when I started HS because of racial integration / busing.

But then again, all 4 of us think WISD was a joke. My oldest married a military guy who retired after working in the federal government for the military, the other married a business owner, I did my own thing, my younger sibling owns his business. We did it on our own.

All of us moved out of waco right after HS.
mazzag
AG
Are you still on the road? It's week 2...
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Are you still on the road? It's week 2...

Just busy. May try to post schedule later
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.