Belton isd calendar

2,674 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazzag
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know if when the first day of school will be for 2018-2019 school year? Has it been decided? If not, does anyone know when it will be decided?

I can assume it will be the same week as this year, but I actually need to know for certain as soon as possible.

Thanks
templeton
Calendars are usually approved by the school board in the february meeting for the following year.
The Grinder (99)
AG
Thanks
Cowboy1990
The law in Texas is school can't start before the 4th Monday in August, however, something new just this year I believe is, a district may apply to become a "District of Innovation" which allows them to start earlier If they want. Not sure if Belton has applied to become a DOI or not, but if they start before August 28th this year they have. I have hear rumor though that even if a district is a DOI they may not be allowed to circumvent the start date rule in the future.

All that to say, above poster isnright. You probably won't know until some time in February.
c-jags
Bisd will have it up on the front page as soon as it's released usually.
mazzag
AG
BISD is a DOI and a pos. But that's my opinion.
I'm very jealous of surrounding districts in the area that start school on Monday the 28th this year.
mazzag
AG
And yes DOI does allow manipulation of the calendar AND reporting on some aspects to TEA. Gasp! Isn't that why we're against vouchers! Oh well...
Hypocrites.
mazzag
AG
I've also heard the super will be stepping down and the assistant super, she hired, will slide into her position. He was at tamu before bisd, but most of his education career seems to be at KISD, ending after just 1 year as a superintendent of KISD. I'm prepping for the statewidesearchthisisourguy speech.
Captain Pablo
AG
What is your prediction on the mascot and colors for the new HS?

I have heard rumors that, yes, there is support out there for making the colors red and white, and MAYBE even make the mascot the Tiger

What about the middle schools? Will they all remain red and white, and remain nicknamed the Tigers?
mazzag
AG
They want to give all schools their own colors and mascots. But that's expensive. I didn't realize the dang bathroom stalls are red throughout the ISD. Tables, chairs, tiles, paint it's everywhere. It's unprecedented for 2 schools in the same ISD to be the gen same colors and mascot (I'm not advocating the same name, duh, the new hs is in temple) but I've always liked my ISD didn't follow precedent so why start now?
mazzag
AG
There's one more community meeting on the 28th at 6pm. You should go. It was interesting.
c-jags
Captain Pablo said:

What is your prediction on the mascot and colors for the new HS?

I have heard rumors that, yes, there is support out there for making the colors red and white, and MAYBE even make the mascot the Tiger

What about the middle schools? Will they all remain red and white, and remain nicknamed the Tigers?

Somebody that works at BISD said that tiger sharks made it to a list of possible mascots. I almost shat myself because I made that joke 5 years ago.
mazzag
AG
OP, first day of BISD school is 8/20/18. Last day is 5/29/19.

I was looking for something else and saw this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.