Pignetti's in Temple

2,544 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BohunkAg
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed in Wine Spectator (yes, don't ask) that is got the next to highest rating for having a great wine list for restaurants in the U.S. A pretty spectacular feat for a restaurant in Temple, Texas. Is it a good spot worth going to? We obviously have never been to it.
c-jags
It's pretty darn good.

My wife and I prefer to go there over cheeves most times. There was a rotating crop of failed restaurants next door to pignettis and they finally bought it and turned it into a wine cellar. I'm not a wine guy but have enjoyed every time I go there.

Dude is kinda aloof, but he knows how to work his restaurant floor and recommend some wines. Does a fantastic job.
BohunkAg
AG
Considering it and the Inn at Los Brisas in Washington on the Brazos are the only two places in Texas outside of large cities to attain that level of award, he probably has a right to be aloof lol
c-jags
I don't mean it in a rude way. He's a unique personality but I applaud what he's done with the place.
mel99
AG
Clinton is great.
templeton
You can (or could a few months ago) buy deeply discounted gift cards to Pignettis at Sam's Club in Temple.
templeton
yep. just saw them. $100 for $79.98.
BohunkAg
AG
templeton said:

yep. just saw them. $100 for $79.98.
That's a good deal.
dodger02
AG
Went there a few years ago with friends and ordered a $400 bottle of wine. The waitress proceeded to run the corkscrew off-center of the cork against the bottleneck. Totally destroyed the cork and littered the wine with bits of cork. She was nice enough to offer to pour the wine through a screen to filter out the trash.

Uh. No.

Go get another bottle and have someone else open it that knows what they're doing.

I've been a bit put off since then.
mazzag
AG
mazzag
AG
And I'm sorry for your experience, but you ordered a $400 bottle of wine in temple, tx? For all the b&m I do, I shouldn't expect more from the employment pool...
Yet I still complain, as most do on here about minimum wage jobs service.
dodger02
AG
Special occasion.

I've learned my lesson.
Matsui
AG
Really enioy the place. My family goes their often. And their Tuesday $12.99 ribeye special can't be beat.
Terry Hathaway
I'm a member of their wine club. Always different good wine
BohunkAg
AG
dodger02 said:

Went there a few years ago with friends and ordered a $400 bottle of wine. The waitress proceeded to run the corkscrew off-center of the cork against the bottleneck. Totally destroyed the cork and littered the wine with bits of cork. She was nice enough to offer to pour the wine through a screen to filter out the trash.

Uh. No.

Go get another bottle and have someone else open it that knows what they're doing.

I've been a bit put off since then.

I think I would've talked to mgmt on that deal. That's pretty bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.