A/C installation recs?

1,854 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jpb1999
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so, I think it is time to get my system replaced. does texags have a good rec? I've used lockridge priest in the past, for some things but I've heard they are far pretty expensive. Any other companies that you guys have had good experience with?

thanks
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I had to replace my ac last July. I went with lochridge priest. I had quotes from 4 different places and they were all within $250 of each other. LP had best service and was able to replace quickest. A couple of them were on the low end but would take a week to install, was worth the extra $250 to have it fixed on Monday after going out on a Thursday.
c-jags
we used Air Control.

no offense to them, but i do not trust the Ellis i see blasted all over the place. never heard of them and they have signs saying Temple's favorite AC repair, etc etc. they've been here less than a year. they are not Temple's favorite. i don't know why it irks me, but it does.
EMY92
AG
I'm a Lennox fan, but was very in-impressed with the sales person that they sent to my sister's house. I was taking care of selecting the contractor for her because I spent many years in the HVAC industry.

LP quoted a 4 ton AC with gas furnace in a 1200 sq. ft. house with no western windows. Also, a big one is no natural gas in the neighborhood. I wanted a heat pump installed, the builder cut corners and went straight AC with electric heat. Much cheaper to heat with a HP.

I had run a manual J before any contractor arrived and knew that a 2.5 ton system was plenty. I also know the difference between cutting corners to get it done and doing the job the right way, things that most buyers will have no clue on. I was fortunate to learn from some very good folks.

I called Schuman out of Gatesville, asked if they did work in the Waco area. They came out, I was quiet while they listed what they would like to do and/or correct. They hit everything on my list and their price was very competitive. I was impressed with the quality of the install. (Installation is as important as the equipment.)

Finally, if you can wait until October, you'll likely save money. Every contractor, good or bad, should be pretty busy this time of year and it shows in the pricing. This is when they have to make money to get them through the winter in Central Texas.
buckyisking
AG
I use Alan Shepherd out of Academy. He is a one man show and there is no one more honest. His number is 254-760-7401.
Cowboy1990
Ellis put our system in about 4 years ago and tjey were great.

Hoelscher A.C. out of Temple is good honest people too
45-70Ag
AG
Just had ours replaced in the Waco area by CMS. They replaced it with carrier and we have no complaints. The previous AC was a Lennox.
Demosthenes81
AG
I had Rabroker install a new Carrier system spring 0f 2016. Inside, outside, new duct work, the whole nine yards. Over the past year I have saved close to $2,000 on electricity over the previous year.
BohunkAg
AG
I wasn't tremendously happy with the job Air Control did on our house. I have a buddy who works for Mike Staas of Waco. Wouldn't hesitate to use them, Jacobs-Cathey, Rabroker out of Temple, or A&H Refrigeration out of Lacy Lakeview.
GIF Reactor
AG
Rohde A/C out of Belton
45-70Ag
AG
I'm not sure if capstone mechanical does residential or not but they're Aggie owned I believe and people speak highly of them.
jpb1999
AG
Do you know what systems he installs?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.