New Freebirds in Temple

1,212 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So am class of '99 and worked on Northgate for 3 years. In that time period I must have eaten 300 burritos. At least. But when I moved to Houston I strayed. Mission Burritos was where it was at. Then, living abroad in several other states I learned to like Qdoba and Chipotle. Back to DFW about 4 years ago and ate some at the Grapevine Bird. Then Killeen. But neither of those seemed to put the same burrito together that I once enjoyed on NG.

About a week after the new Freebirds opened in Temple I went in and it was bad. Swore it off. Then after a couple of weeks I said 'You know what, lets give it one more try.' Best culinary decision I have made in quite some time. I know Freebirds takes a lot of flak on these boards for not being what it once was, but I am here to tell you that the Temple Freebirds does it right. Those things are GOOD. They will pile it on and leave it layered just like they used to if you ask them. Our office is now addicted to them. I go twice a week. I invite anyone who, like me, dream of the olden days of Freebirds go over there and give them a try.

lilsbrokeski
I've been to that freebirds. It was good. Tasted great. However, they don't do it like cs did. Always preferred when you had one server instead of passing your burrito down the line like a neighborhood tricycle.
mazzag
AG
I worked on northgate for 2 years. Class of 95. Ate at freebirds 1x after a hangover. Haven't been back in over 20 years. It's disgusting. But a northgate anchor. So I appreciate it from afar.
CDiem05
AG
Going there tomorrow for lunch... it's solid and easy to walk to from S&W
petey88

Hafta admit, somebody was pretty smart for the last year or two. In the corner of the Target parking lot, closest to Chipotle, was a parked black car with the Freebirds logo on the side.

I always laughed to myself when it was there, free parking and free advertising. I wondered where & when will they open.

Maybe swing over there soon, I took early retirement, spent last weekend at the coast, and going to Fort Worth tomorrow for awhile for fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.