Fort hood practicing?

3,388 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mazzag
jpb1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man that was the biggest bang/rattle I have heard. Around 10:25 PM tonight... I'm in Salado area.

Anyone else feel that one?
Bluegrass Ag
Yep hear them pretty often in Belton. The blasts have been big tonight. We have gotten used to them over the years. They always seem to occur at the same time of day. Usually late evening.
jpb1999
AG
Oh yeah I am used to them also.... been living in the area for 40 years now. But this one was bigger. Wonder what it was?
mazzag
AG
jpb1999 said:

Oh yeah I am used to them also.... been living in the area for 40 years now. But this one was bigger. Wonder what it was?

I keep reading how loud it was but to me it was normal. Mostly from folks that live in Morgans point or west temple. I live along 190 and it didn't rattle my windows or anything.
DMK
AG
We haven't been in the area that long but last night's blast around 10:30 was by far the biggest one yet.
c-jags
My kids freaked out at the 10:30 one. That was a heck of a boom,whatever was.

Sometimes I wish they'd livestream those things.
mazzag
AG
Ok. There was a second one around midnight that rattled an interior door. I'm reading this morning that is was space x
petey88

http://www.kxxv.com/story/35516530/fort-hood-says-wednesday-nights-loud-booms-were-caused-by-artillery-training
mazzag
AG
nm
Rabid Cougar
AG
Used to rock and roll all night back in the 60's and 70's.
mazzag
AG
No more than it does now. But back then there was less population so less development so Ft Hood and trains could be heard loud and clear. Rattling of a window back then was nothing. And those sounds were part of life. That's why I like where I live. It reminds me of my dad's home on dunns canyon when you could hear trains and Ft Hood as if they were in the front pasture. Now I feel like I live in the hood because every day this week I've heard sirens. 190 sucks. We talked to a realtor today but good grief. Selling seems like a PITA. And buying is unaffordable.
BRAVO 1/124CAV
AG
2nd BACT 1CAVD is deploying to South Korea this summer rotating out is the 1st BACT 1INFD from Fort Riley Kansas..
lilsbrokeski
My parents live outside of Cameron, and on calm nights, you can hear fort hood firing the big guns.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tonight at dusk, I finally got to hear a nice long Space-X burn.
Much different sound than Fort Hood artillery.
mazzag
AG
Bump! They've been more than window shaking at my house. My metal roof shakes.
c-jags
My kids were out on the deck to check out the sleet and heard them going Ham.
mazzag
AG
I know this sounds dumb, but last week it was more like a very tiny earthquake, because the ground waves not shakes, and I'm positive my patio chair moved. Not noticeable to the eye but I felt it. And please no flatulence jokes I lived in the valley years ago and we had a couple of tiny earthquakes. This felt the same.
agsalaska
AG
It was as loud as I have ever heard it last week during the sleet storm. Shook my house.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
This continues. All around me. What's has bothered me the most are VERY low flying helicopters that don't fly regular paths...(N-S vs E-W) the norm.
Anyway, right now sounds like thunder with a window rattle here and there.
mazzag
AG
It's like T-Rex steps. If you've seen Jurassic Park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.