Fredericksburg

1,615 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Furlock Bones
turnag4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Planning a 2-3 day trip. Looking for suggestions of things to see and places to stay.
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
Lindig's Cafe in Stonewall for breakfast...the biggest pancakes I have ever seen!
Bavarian Inn for lunch or dinner if you desire schnitzel with spaetzel and red cabbage(my red cabbage is better but this works). There's a BBQ place by the Vereins Kirche that my husband thinks is good...he and his Mom have been there multiple times recently.

The Nimitz museum is excellent!
Vereins Kirche for the local history.
Holy Ghost Lutheran Church if you are interested in ornate woodwork
Store at Luckenbach for t-shirts or ball caps

The Baag House at Settler's Crossing(B&B) is a house my husband's grandfather and his future brother in law built as a wedding present for bil's bride.
BohunkAg
AG
Lincoln Street Wine Bar is a great place to relax and have a glass of wine and hear some great live music at night. It is our favorite place in Fredericksburg

Lost Draw Cellars is a neat new place in town.

Enchanted Rock is always cool.

Rathskeller is a good place for breakfast.

Otto's is a great place to eat, but you better get reservations.
BohunkAg
AG
Here's a place we stayed that was awesome. Had it's own private entrance on Main Street.

http://www.absolutecharm.com/accommodations/legacy-suite

You literally can walk almost anywhere. Different from the B&B feel, but was very nice for us.
turnag4
AG
Thanks for the great suggestions! Definitely plan to see the pacific war museum, and hopefully the wildflowers are starting to bloom in the hill country.
templeton
Yep! Was in Austin today and they are already starting, so further south should be in full display.
agfan1030
As BohunkAg mentioned.....Enchanted Rock. If you can and the weather permits a hike to the top is so worth it.

If you like art.... the art galleries are great.
Furlock Bones
AG
if the weather is nice, make sure you get to Enchanted Rock in the morning. after a certain amount of entries, they close the entrance for the entire day regardless of the current capacity.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.