Temple back to State

2,378 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mazzag
Astrobo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cats headed back to State. I thought Coach Stewart was the wrong hire. I was wrong. Congratulations.
Matsui
Cowboy1990
victory
AG
Astro, just curious but who did you think was the right hire?
Cowboy1990
I didn't think it was the right hire either. I thought they should have hired either Rhoades from Cameron or Fedora from Navasota.

Stewart has turned out to be the right choice. Hope they get the W today
victory
AG
No way of knowing but I seriously doubt Fedora applied and wasn't a finalist.
They interviewed10 and announced 4 finalist

Stewart- Temple DC now Temple HC
Berna- temple asst head coach now Magnolia West HC
Rhoads- Cameron HC now Gregory Portland HC
Kay- galena park HC

Cowboy1990
You're probably right on Fedora. He may not have applied after they leaked his name as a finalist the last time around when they hired Spradline.

What I will say is it goes to show you that you CAN win in a place like Temple if the Coach is of quality. The Bryce Monson years were a travesty.
Captain Pablo
AG
Crusaders41 said:

You're probably right on Fedora. He may not have applied after they leaked his name as a finalist the last time around when they hired Spradline.

What I will say is it goes to show you that you CAN win in a place like Temple if the Coach is of quality. The Bryce Monson years were a travesty.

Well, In fairness, temples recent State Contender level success has come after they dropped in classification.

Temple is now one of the biggest schools in the state in its classification

But yes, the Monson era was, well, there are no words
Matsui
AG
Temple has talent within its boundaries for sure
Matsui
AG
And highland park out coached them yesterday. Temple didn't adjust to their adjustments. Sucks.
Astrobo
AG
Temple did next to nothing to exploit their speed advantage. Coach Allen made the adjustments necessary to win.
BohunkAg
AG
Nice job Temple.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Temple-coachs-home-ransacked-while-Wildcats-played-for-championship-407487545.html

Quote:

Police were looking for leads Monday after the home of Temple High School assistant coach Toby Rumfield was ransacked while the Wildcats played for a state championship at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Captain Pablo
AG
Captain Pablo
AG
BohunkAg said:

Nice job Temple.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Temple-coachs-home-ransacked-while-Wildcats-played-for-championship-407487545.html

Quote:

Police were looking for leads Monday after the home of Temple High School assistant coach Toby Rumfield was ransacked while the Wildcats played for a state championship at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

Dang, I saw that. It really sucks. The Rumfields are good people.

I'm sure it was somebody who knew he lived there, and knew he would be out of town for the weekend. Hope they catch that piece of garbage.

That said, burglaries happen everywhere. Including West
mazzag
AG
True but who lives on West Zenith and doesn't have an alarm system?
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

I don't know. What does it matter? It still isn't funny, and burglaries do happen in every city
mazzag
AG
No it's not funny but even Toby said it was most likely a THS student or family member. Both are odd statements to make to the media.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

No it's not funny but even Toby said it was most likely a THS student or family member. Both are odd statements to make to the media.

Weird
c-jags
mazzag said:

I'm not that far from there and we for sure have an alarm system.... after our first break in.

There are awesome young couples staying in North Temple. We need that.

There are also some places we need to raze to the ground in between tenants.

But if you happen to hear of a series of fires of unoccupied homes in North Temple, it wasn't me.
mazzag
AG
North Temple has beautiful homes. They also have unsavory folks constantly walking up and down the streets. It doesn't take a genius to know the Rumfields are oot for a game.
My BF had folks sitting at her home during her dad's funeral because *******s read obituaries and know when folks are at a funeral. It's a sad reality of the times we live in. And safe deposit boxes were created for a reason. It's sad what happened, but good grief. I can only sympathize with this family so much.
They've already used gofundme for their kids area code games in California. Then he broke his leg in football practice. Good grief
mazzag
AG
And I went to high school with him and his wife is great so I can criticize.
BohunkAg
AG
mazzag said:

They've already used gofundme for their kids area code games in California. Then he broke his leg in football practice. Good grief
Wait what?

EDIT: never mind found it

https://www.gofundme.com/tjrumfieldcareer
mazzag
AG
Seems they've decided to move. PayPal is the preferred method of raising funds this time.

http://m.tdtnews.com/news/article_a08c38a6-c730-11e6-806d-c3be6444ac0c.html?mode=jqm
BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

Temple High School assistant coach Toby Rumfield and his family were victimized twice last week once when tickets for the state championship game between the Temple Wildcats and Highland Park were taken Thursday night from an unlocked vehicle in his driveway
They left their car unlocked in their driveway with their state championship tickets inside?
New Hampshire Ag
AG
Captain Pablo
AG
Likeke98 said:

BohunkAg said:

Quote:

Temple High School assistant coach Toby Rumfield and his family were victimized twice last week once when tickets for the state championship game between the Temple Wildcats and Highland Park were taken Thursday night from an unlocked vehicle in his driveway
They left their car unlocked in their driveway with their state championship tickets inside?

In my view that is called stupidity. Have they not heard to never leave Things of value in a vehicle and always lock it up?

A stupid mistake... everybody makes them

But instead of cursing their darkness, how about lighting a candle and wishing them well?

mazzag
AG
I don't think anyone wishes them ill. It's a tough lesson. I've often wondered how many times my home would get broken into if I didn't have 3 dogs than turn into vicious idiots any time anyone approaches my drive way. I've also never gone out of town without someone staying at my house. My husband's truck was stolen during the day with him standing 15ft from it while checking on a job. If folks wanna rob you, they will. Not a whole lot of deterrents, but the more trouble it is, the less likely they will or the less they get away with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.