T-mobile v AT&T v Verizon

1,622 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by COSCAG67
COSCAG67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently have verizon because my job requires me to travel to the "sticks" and they have the best service area from my experience. However, my traveling days will end soon and I'm wondering if I will be able to get good service around the Temple / Rogers area with T-mobile or AT&T since they have some intriguing offers out right now.

Any suggestions?

mazzag
AG
My dad lives in that area and I think Verizon works best. He had AT&T but service was poor. My son has AT&T and doesn't get service inside my home. We have a metal roof. Verizon is expensive for a reason I guess.
Captain Pablo
AG
Verizon is good around Temple, and pretty much all the way to College Station with a few slow spots

Little bit of a slow spot on loop 121 in Belton, and a dead spot around Jarrell

Otherwise, all good
COSCAG67
AG
Any experiences with T-mobile?
3rd Generation Ag
AG
My students live all over East Bell County. The ones with Verizon have the best service. The other providers are better than they used to be, but there are areas of the district where only Verizon works.
bigtruckguy3500
T-Mobile works pretty good in Temple. Driving to Houston through College Station I have areas where I go into roaming mode, and there are a few buildings in Temple where i have almost no cell signal (like the VA). Also have very intermittent and/or a very slow signal on Fort Hood.

But, I also have a really old cell phone (Galaxy S3) that doesn't get T-Mobile's band 12. Band 12 is supposed to be lower frequency, so it's supposed to have better building penetration than other bands.
Ctxaggie
AG
Verizon was the best. No experience with T mobile. Tried Sprint for one week but it had too many dead spots once I away from IH35. I went from Verizon, to AT&T, and now on Cricket trying to save a dollar each time. Cricket isn't Verizon but it works good enough for me without many dead spots. AT&T didn't provide enough savings to justify its mediocre service. I'm satisfied with Cricket; we drove to Destin Florida this summer and i always had a signal.
COSCAG67
AG
ever tried getting service out in the sticks?
Ctxaggie
AG
I get service in the sticks but it varies. It's basically the same as AT&T. I had service while canoeing on a river in Junction, but lose service traveling in between Cross Plain and Abilene. LTE speed may be slightly faster on AT&T than on Cricket, but that may just be in my head too.
EMY92
AG
I believe that Cricket uses the AT&T network. So speed and service areas should be identical.
Captain Pablo
AG
If you are heading out west, Verizon is dead most of the way from Comanche to Cross Plains or Cisco

Also, Verizon is dead west of Lampasas and around Brownwood.

In Verizon is notoriously dead around Jarrell
COSCAG67
AG
I'm headed out towards rogers on 190
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.