What's going up across from Scott & White?

10,228 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mazzag
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That entire wooded area has been cleared
Cowboy1990
S&W Surgical Center I think
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
S&W Surgical Center I think

Yeah, I figured it was just more Scott & White. LOL
3rd Generation Ag
AG
There is also a huge commercial community planned for that area. Follow Discover Temple on facebook if you don't already. I think there is also a twitter, but I don't like twitter because it floods my phone with alerts while facebook will wait till I happen to log in.
Captain Pablo
AG
Lots of fast food coming in over there -- freddies, mod pizza, mama fu, Rosas, canes, jersey mike, zaxbys... in addition to the freebirds and Panera that just went in

The Scott & Whit Food Court

Crazy
mazzag
AG
Seems like a lot is going on in temple

http://thehubtemple.com
hwellen
Rosa's Cafe, Zaxbys, Mama Fu's, MOD Pizza, Jersey Mikes Subs, Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, and a Home 2 Hotel.

Raising Cane's next to Freebirds.

This development will be called "The District", which will be located across from Scott & White.

Behind this development will include nearly 200 apartment units, plus room to expand in the future.

According the site plan, (http://www.endeavor-re.com/property/retail/temple-development/site-plan/) there's still at least 5 more spaces/pads available.
hwellen
Scott & White is building the Surgical Sciences Facility at the backside of the hospital. The Desk R entrance will be attached to the new building.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Rosa's Cafe, Zaxbys, Mama Fu's, MOD Pizza, Jersey Mikes Subs, Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, and a Home 2 Hotel.

Raising Cane's next to Freebirds.

This development will be called "The District", which will be located across from Scott & White.

Behind this development will include nearly 200 apartment units, plus room to expand in the future.

According the site plan, (http://www.endeavor-re.com/property/retail/temple-development/site-plan/) there's still at least 5 more spaces/pads available.

Isn't that pretty much what I said, more or less...
Captain Pablo
AG
200 apartment units

Oh great
mazzag
AG
http://www.greystar.com/properties/villas-on-the-hill-apartments/14238

Luxury apartments
mazzag
AG
Much nicer than these in Belton

http://m.tdtnews.com/news/article_7f35a618-4565-11e5-bc0c-f7301e0bc00e.html?mode=jqm

Something about the name and location really bothers me. Just seems in poor taste and I'm no PC freak.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Much nicer than these in Belton

http://m.tdtnews.com/news/article_7f35a618-4565-11e5-bc0c-f7301e0bc00e.html?mode=jqm

Something about the name and location really bothers me. Just seems in poor taste and I'm no PC freak.

It's apartments, mazz

How great can it be....???
TshirtVulture
I don't follow the problem with the apartment name in Belton
c-jags
Maybe he's referring to "the district"

I don't have any problems with names of any proposed apartments???
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Colonial and Martin Luther King drive location if I am guessing.
TshirtVulture
Good gosh I hope that's what they mean cause that would REALLY be stretching things to create an issue out of nothing
mazzag
AG
quote:
Maybe he's referring to "the district"

I don't have any problems with names of any proposed apartments???

I'm just referring to the side of Belton they are being built on. I'm probably just frustrated because of all the traffic this area doesn't need. The city spent millions on a bridge for a small college instead of widening 121 and throwing who knows how much more traffic onto it. Seems like no one wins really and the name/facade is offensive, IMO.
COSCAG67
AG
I inspect all of those sites

Villas on the Hill (Apts) and Highline Temple Retail Center with a subdivision in the back and apts behind that.

The retail portion will have Mama Fus, and a couple other restaurants. I believe one space is still available in case you want to petition for Layne's to come in
Captain Pablo
AG
http://m.tdtnews.com/news/article_75401546-4b89-11e6-9d4e-070fea80a537.html?mode=jqm

"A second development, called The District, will be north of Shoppes on the Hill across Scott Boulevard.

This development will also be a mixed-use facility featuring a 200-unit apartment building, a hotel and several restaurant and retail spaces.

Several restaurants have been confirmed including Rosa's Cafe, Mama Fu's Asian House, Jersey Mike's Subs, Zaxby's, MOD Pizza and the city's second Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers location."

I don't care for Rosas, jersey mike, or mama fu's

Freddies is OK

Never been to a zaxbys or MOD

Hopefully MOD is good

Canes is OK
Captain Pablo
AG
Lol

I forgot I posted that info last summer
HollywoodBQ
AG
Fantastic development. I ate at MOD Pizza yesterday and Freebird's today.
And, for whatever it's worth, the staff at Scott & White were great. They took great care of my mom.
Captain Pablo
AG
Went to Mod and it's pretty good
c-jags
Captain Pablo said:

I don't care for Rosas, jersey mike, or mama fu's

Freddies is OK

You have terrible opinions and should feel bad.
Cowboy1990
Ate at the Momma Fu's this week. It was ok. Nothing to write home about.
Bulldog73
AG
What of the four is he not 100% right about?
c-jags
I like all he mentioned. So his opinion is terrible of course.
c-jags
Wait. Dammit. This isn't the politics board? My bad.
GIF Reactor
AG
Tried both Mama Fu's & MOD over the past 2 weeks. Gave MOD 2 tries, probably won't go back. I enjoyed Mama Fu's, but I thought it was pricey for what you get.
c-jags
my kids won't do asian (except for some reason my 7 year old loves sushi) and are out of town this week at camp, so we'll go try mama fu's. i'm going to be disappointed if it's worse than panda express. because if we had panda express i'd eat it a lot.
Bulldog73
AG
I'd say it's a step above panda and a step below pei wei.
CDiem05
AG
The MOD is Killeen is great so hoping the same for the one in Temple... Cane's isn't Layne's but it's an ok fill in... Rosa's is as good as it gets when it comes to fast-food TexMex... but NONE of them are as good as Megg's!
Captain Pablo
AG
Back from time out

MOD isn't bad. It's like a Subway for pizza

Freddie's isn't terrible if you eat in, but if you take out, the burgers get soggy quickly, as do the cardboard boxes they are in. Love their fries and desserts

Rosa's - been twice in other cities and sorry, but that place just sucks. It's cheap, and it tastes cheap. I'll take Taco Bell, Taco Bueno, or Taco Casa ANY DAY over Rosa's

Mama Fu's -- been to several in other cities and it's. not terrible, but I find it to be unremarkable, over salted, and over priced. It is not Chinese fast food like Panda where they pull from a handful of bins of low quality stir fry that's been in there for God knows how long.. it's supposedly several different kinds of Asian food. Anyway, it'll do in a pinch if you're in the mood... I do like Pei Wei much better in that genre

Don't care for Panda Express at all

Canes is Canes... meh. Chicken tenders and toast...

Been to Jersey Mike in Belton one time and it's whatever... just another sandwich shop. Haven't been back
mazzag
AG
Why were you in time out?
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Why were you in time out?

The mods do not like my opinion on Sumlin
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.