Sol de Jalisck

3,891 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Captain Pablo
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rather be fishing
AG
Please ignore the terrible effort to post from my phone.

Ate at Sol de Jalisco in Belton and had a small roach show up on the table during our lunch. Didn't bother me as much as I didn't want to disturb my coworker to know.

Eat with caution.
mazzag
AG
The one in the minimax shopping center? Yeah, I don't eat there.
GIF Reactor
AG
Should have gone to Jalisco's on Central.
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
Please ignore the terrible effort to post from my phone.

Ate at Sol de Jalisco in Belton and had a small roach show up on the table during our lunch. Didn't bother me as much as I didn't want to disturb my coworker to know.

Eat with caution.
Extra protein!
Eye Doc Mike 98
AG
Since moving to Belton in 2010, Sol de Jalisco is our most visited Mexican restaurant. We wouldn't keep going back if we had bad experiences so they overall do a pretty good job. We typically go to the one on N. Main. The one on W. Adams so small and crowded. The one on I-35 is a pain to get to.
watty
AG
I love that restaurant. One little roach isnt scaring me away!
mazzag
AG
Thought I'd share

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Restaurant-Report-Card-For-Week-Of-July-7-385878511.html
petey88

Thanks

very sloppy, had planned to drop in...
COSCAG67
AG
We live behind the one on 35, good salsa. I think corona in belton es muy bueno
c-jags
COSCAG08. said:

We live behind the one on 35, good salsa. I think corona in belton es muy bueno

is that the one that gives free queso?
COSCAG67
AG
No free queso at Jalisco's.

My humble opinion: Monterey's and Coronas are the best in the area and are the only Mexican joints I would go to around here if it were up to me. However, my wife is fatally addicted to Jalisco salsa...
Captain Pablo
AG
Meh. There are a gazillion Mexican places around here, half of them have "Jalisco" in their title, and they're a dime a dozen as far as I'm concerned

The place on Ave D and Main in Belton has good drinks on Saturday and Sunday mornings, though!
Captain Pablo
AG
You know, it's my theory that most of the Chinese restaurants in America get their food from a couple of distributors who ship the ingredients over from China

I wonder if pretty much the same thing applies to Tex Mex restaurants.

Maybe not from China, but from a couple of Distributors that send stuff everywhere

mazzag
AG
The Mi Pueblo? Wasn't impressed with their service or margaritas but I will check out their new building with the covered patio.
The Jalisco on 31st used to be my favorite but I haven't eaten there in years since their was plastic bag wrap in my flautas.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

The Mi Pueblo? Wasn't impressed with their service or margaritas but I will check out their new building with the covered patio.
The Jalisco on 31st used to be my favorite but I haven't eaten there in years since their was plastic bag wrap in my flautas.

Yeah, MI pueblo. I'm not going to say the food is spectacular, because it's not. Pretty much like any other Mexican restaurant in the area. But I did have some good Bloody Marys there a couple of weekends ago
Captain Pablo
AG
I will say that I have been very disappointed with the drinks at the taqueria on Sparta. The food is pretty good there, and we used to get pretty good drinks at a reasonable price. The last few times I've been there, I have found the drinks to be pretty underwhelming, and ridiculously expensive
mazzag
AG
I'll have to keep that in mind about the bloody marys. Haven't had a good one around here. The closest, best are at wildfire in Georgetown. Meh on the Sparta Rd taqueria. The guys on central make great (sometimes just one will do) margaritas.
Captain Pablo
AG
Hmmmm. Where on Central? Jaliscos? Wiil have to try them. That place is pretty damn good, and serves a mountain of food for a low price! Never had a Margarita there...

I will say, at Mi Pueblo, my first bloody mary was a little weak, so i ordered another and asked the waitress to do a little better on the booze this time

and she did!!!
mazzag
AG
The taqueria on central in belton.
Captain Pablo
AG
Oh yeah... where Bobby's Burgers used to be. Yeah that place is pretty good
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.