Hurricane Beryl

8,117 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Blue Bell Ag
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sugar Shack was on the Weather Channel earlier. We've arrived, y'all.

I can't imagine the social media outrage if they showed their bathroom doors on the back deck.
YouBet
AG
Has moved a bit more west and closer to Rockport.
YouBet
AG
Hurricane plane just said nothing has changed since 2 hours ago.
texag84
AG
Checking in from Pirates Beach. Not much beach left and bay is up about 1'.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Mark and Marsha in Rockport, looks like is turning more N and W, hate that for those in the path, but appears will miss direct hit on RKPRT!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
woodyhayes
Beach is gone Bolivar like 2 weeks ago. Dunes will take a hit again but 40 mph wind here is pretty common. Probably have power out most of Mon. and Mon. nite. That should be about the worse of it here.
lead
texag84 said:

Checking in from Pirates Beach. Not much beach left and bay is up about 1'.
pics!
Ag with kids
AG
They finally closed the beach totally here on NPI.

Went out in my Jeep this morning and the Whitecap entrance was still open. Water was coming up to the dunes...

Lots of guys heading out to surf.

I went swimming in my pool a little while ago. But, another band of rain got me out.

YouBet
AG
We have people swimming in their pool and folks just hanging out on the bay right now. Lol.
drmwvr
AG
We definitely dodged a bullet with this one. Trash cans have been left out by renters all over KA, may be the only mess to clean up tomorrow
Darby
I'm "stuck" in West Palm Beach FL, came out for the holiday weekend, returning Tuesday

I have a house in West Galv, just about 5 miles up the island from San Luis Pass

My neighbor raised my boat up for me as high as it would go. We'll see what happens

My house is on the bay side of the island and about 12 feet off the ground. My only real concern is the wind
drmwvr
AG
Here's a sign that makes me think we are good in KA
HollywoodBQ
AG
Heavier winds hit about 3:45 am and I lost power a few blocks from Ball High.

Yesterday, my neighbor was telling me how happy he was that he bought a generator after Harvey and if he lost power, he'd be fine.

About 3:50 am, I figured out that his generator is right outside my master bedroom window.
bcasey03
AG
Supposed to come to galveston the 16th. Will things be normal by then?
befitter
We left our house on the West end, west of Jamaica thinking this wasn't going to be too bad. Clearly it's been worse than expected.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
We are on the east end of Galveston island in fish village. As of 10.50 am our power is on and no street flooding. I will need a new backyard fence though.

Also I just took the dogs for a walk and didn't see much damage.
Rossy
Any one have pics from around Pirates Beach? I'm curious about the height of the storm surge on gulf side.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I grew up in fish village
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Supposed to be in Galveston Thursday-Sunday this week. Guessing I should probably cancel and look for other options?
KaneIsAble
AG
Same boat - they'll make progress but not sure by Thursday.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
I saw city of Galveston said expect 72 hours to 2 weeks for places to get power. We went ahead and canceled
KaneIsAble
AG
How does that work? I can cancel today and "legally" get 50% funds back but for whatever reason I actually bought the $90 insurance and it covers natural disasters. Do I cancel and then file or not cancel and file? Never been here before. Airbnb and Generali insurance.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Unfortunately I can't help you there. We were going to stay at the Hilton Resort and they had 100% cancellation until 48 hours before check in. You should be able to reach out to Airbnb support for them to help with insurance
Rossy
I got some pictures from Pirates Beach. Whoever liked my post, or anyone who wants them, shoot me an email. It's too many to post them all here.

I'm headed down tomorrow morning on a tight window. If you have a house in the neighborhood and want me to do a drive by you can email me as well. I'll try to help the best I can.

Email removed.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Blue Bell Ag said:

We are on the east end of Galveston island in fish village. As of 10.50 am our power is on and no street flooding. I will need a new backyard fence though.

You must be right next to UTMB because I've still got the house I've been renting for the past year in Fish Village and we don't have power and it doesn't look like any of our neighbors do either.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

You must be right next to UTMB because I've still got the house I've been renting for the past year in Fish Village and we don't have power and it doesn't look like any of our neighbors do either.

We are very close to UTMB.
ComeAndTakeIt
Any word on electricity in Fish Village? I have family living there.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Blue Bell Ag said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

Yours must have been the one with the light on when I drove by yesterday morning before I decided to bail out and head to my parents house in Waco.
HollywoodBQ
AG
ComeAndTakeIt said:

Any word on electricity in Fish Village? I have family living there.
Check this site out. Good info on the priorities of work for Center Point Energy crews.

I've got power lines down on both sides of my house so even if my circuit gets energized, I probably still won't have power.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/195bcf03ae0c491f9f14bf77f2c43420
Blue Bell Ag
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

Yours must have been the one with the light on when I drove by yesterday morning before I decided to bail out and head to my parents house in Waco.

Diagonally Across from the blue water tower. We moved here from Brenham in June 2023 so I could take a job with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
Blue Bell Ag said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Blue Bell Ag said:

Diagonally Across from the blue water tower. We moved here from Brenham in June 2023 so I could take a job with the US Army Corps of Engineers.

About as close as you can get!
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'm the big fat blond guy you might have seen walking my Silver Shepherd on your street.
I've lost 55 lbs since I moved to Galveston in August and took up walking last November.
Also curtailed my eating and drinking like a slob.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I'm the big fat blond guy you might have seen walking my Silver Shepherd on your street.
I've lost 55 lbs since I moved to Galveston in August and took up walking last November.
Also curtailed my eating and drinking like a slob.

I did see you and that silver shepherd!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.