Rockport Boat Repair

1,554 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Brush Country Ag
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, we have a boat that I'm likely going to sale but it needs some refurbishment. It hasn't been in the water in at least five years.

Here is my problem: I don't know anything about boats especially boats used in this part of the world and it's too much boat anyway. I have no way of getting it anywhere on its own because it doesn't run and I don't have a trailer. It's going to need new batteries and everything flushed and cleaned out.

So, I will need someone to do an onsite assessment and enough repair that we can get it running, or we tow it, or I just sell it as is from our house. It's surprisingly hard to find someone to help me with this. I know of one guy who does on-site maintenance work and he's shady as ***** Have dealt with him before.

Does anyone know of anyone that can come take a look at it and give me some kind of rough estimate of what I'm looking at?

Thanks for any leads.
Brush Country Ag
AG
You Bet…

Drive out Business 35 towards AP. There is a long building that sets back off the road on your right. There is a canvass repair shop on the left…this place is almost directly across from the canvass repair shop.

If you go by Bloomers, you've gone too far. These folks work on fiberglass boats, trailers, and trolling motors.They may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Rockport Trolling Motors
830-708-3540
Scott

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Come on man, give us the real poop. What is the make and model of the boat? What will it do/not do? Why was it sitting for half a decade? Put the details up here and maybe it happens fast. We are all anxiously awaiting the latest installment about a guy fixing a boat six hours away from his house over a year. Maybe somebody gets inspired.
YouBet
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Come on man, give us the real poop. What is the make and model of the boat? What will it do/not do? Why was it sitting for half a decade? Put the details up here and maybe it happens fast. We are all anxiously awaiting the latest installment about a guy fixing a boat six hours away from his house over a year. Maybe somebody gets inspired.

Ha. It's a 1998 Pursuit 2470 Walk Around. Yamaha 300hp outboard. The engine is newer than the boat (I think 2013 but can confirm).

It was my FIL's boat. He had dementia and he forgot how to operate it so it has sat there for a while now.
drmwvr
AG
You will have a hard time finding someone who will work on a boat in a lift unfortunately. I have a 300 Yamaha and perform all my own services so am pretty familiar with that motor. I would recommend fresh fuel, fuel filters and batteries at a minimum before you try to start it. No trailer is a challenge too but if you can get it running, Cove Harbor marina (there are others too) can pull your boat out and place it on temp bunks for you to work on it for a fee, pending availability. I have a trailer for my 25' bay boat that is unused most of the year that you might be able to borrow but I suspect our hull profiles are very different so I'm not sure how your boat would sit on the trailer. I'll be down this weekend and am happy to stop by to take a look at the boat if you want me to. Happy to help.
warreng
I know nothing about this guy other than I have his number written down in case I ever needed him. I did call him once but he was booked up. He has a mobile boat repair in rockport. I met him when I saw his truck at lowes. 361-729-3843. Heres another one I have in my phone but have also never used. Sorry not more help. I always take mine to Chris's unless Im in a bind. 361-652-7410
YouBet
AG
Appreciate it. I may hit you up on DM. Thanks.

(It's actually a Yamaha Four Stroke 200)
YouBet
AG
warreng said:

I know nothing about this guy other than I have his number written down in case I ever needed him. I did call him once but he was booked up. He has a mobile boat repair in rockport. I met him when I saw his truck at lowes. 361-729-3843. Heres another one I have in my phone but have also never used. Sorry not more help. I always take mine to Chris's unless Im in a bind. 361-652-7410

Almost certain that first number is the guy I referred to earlier. He's the only one around that has a mobile boat repair service.

He's sketchy.
htx97
AG
Have you tried Paco (has a shop at the Boat Inn) or Dung?

Both have come by my boat while on the water.

Paco (713) 302-9373

Dung (361) 205-3839

Hope you can find the help you need.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Dung is great. Don't know how much mechanical repairs he does, but if it electronics related, he's real good. He is also kin to Dat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.