Corpus Christi Food Recommendations

4,659 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by WolfCall
mernaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Born and raised in Corpus but left in 2005 and only come back 1-2 times per year. I was wondering if anyone had any food recommendations for a special occasion.

Thanks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie87
AG
Boat 'n Net.
Brush Country Ag
AG
The Republic on top of the Omni.
BO297
Vietnam
Republic
Yardarm

All are semi casual with Yardarm being the most casual

Kats 21 if you are on the south side
mernaggie12
AG
We went to Yardarm. Great food and view. Thanks for the recommendations!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tcc66
AG
Besides those listed above we frequent Saltwater Grill, Prime, Z-Counter, Thai Spice, Kiko's and Almedia Taqueria #3 (they open at 4am and close at 1pm).
davido
AG
Celsita's on the island is pretty special Mexican food. Everything I've had so far is lights out.

El Muelle de San Blas migas is pretty legit.
robbio
Seafood at La Ribera
TxAg8908
Water St Oyster bar
YouBet
AG
We just ate at Yola the other day and it was excellent. It's more interior Mexican food.
Johnny Park!
La Playa
The Catfish
AG
Lots of good recommendations already in the thread. Been living here 4 years and here is what we like for date night spots.

Yardarm - semi casual, great seafood, lots of charm in the old building if you are into that sort of thing.

Fork and Vine - new place, still working out the kinks but food was good

Blue Clove - casual, great seafood

Dokyo Sushi - "trendy" for Corpus Christi, but I like the sushi and the cocktails are good

Vietnam - probably some of the better food in town overall, the chateaubriand is great (I think they may only have it on weekends?)

The one place I have started to avoid is Republic. When we first moved here, I enjoyed it, but the last 2 times I have been the service and drinks were great, but the food was not. It wasn't terrible, but not for high end steak house prices. Just my opinion.
WolfCall
AG
Doc's Seafood on north Padre Island - go there to eat seafood and watch the sunset on the Laguna Madre.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.