Rockport recs

2,143 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by YouBet
mbpiix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll be in Rockport at the end of July celebrating our Mom's 90th bday I'm looking for some great seafood with possible outdoor seating ( I know its hot) and a good bakery to order a cake - Italian Creme is the first choice
mbpiix
AG
No recommendations at all?
YouBet
AG
We've only frequented Rockport Bakery on 35. I can't vouch for their cakes, but they have good breakfast tacos and my wife likes their donuts.

IMO, the two best seafood places in Rockport are Key Allegro Yacht Club which does you no good since it's members only....and Latitude is good with cool art but no outdoor.

Other options:
  • Glow. Small, boutique place. Good last time we ate there but was Several years ago.
  • Charlotte Plummers. Decent but not great food.
  • Moondogs is on water but is more of a bar/restaurant.
  • Paradise Key: raucous tourist place.
Brush Country Ag
AG
The Glow is now Gabriella's and is not open yet. I've heard Pier 77 is pretty good, but I haven't tried it.
drmwvr
AG
YouBet covered the go-to spots. Don't forget HEB as a bakery option, we've gotten their cakes in a pinch and have enjoyed them.
htx97
AG
@Sugarsfromlala (instagram) Laura Covarrubias is a great baker in Rockport. Makes custom cakes for my kids when we are in Rockport for Bdays Holidays etc...very affordable as well.

htx97
AG
Peir 77 is pretty good...portions are huge. I think its cash only...and no outdoor seating
AnScAggie
AG
Crab N is not too far from RPT, 495 Chesapeake Eats and Wild Prawn are also good restaurants but do not have outdoor seating.
Owlagdad
Shempy's between Rockport and AP is a dump. But the food, especially fried Oysters were great. They are having trouble finding help and close at odd hours.

YouBet
AG
One other potential option but I can't vouch for it is the Palm Room Grill at the Lighthouse Inn. Not sure if they have outdoor seating, but I think the restaurant does face the bay. They have "terrace" seating so maybe?

I just don't hear much about it and we've never eaten there.
Potcake
AG
Is Bellinos still around?
YouBet
AG
Potcake said:

Is Bellinos still around?
Yes, but it's Italian and no outdoors.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.