Key Allegro Bridge Update

16,871 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by YouBet
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BETTER LEAVE MY FRENCH HAMBURGER STEAK ALONE!!!!!!
Brush Country Ag
AG
The fried shrimp and the hamburger steak are the untouchables as far as I'm concerned! Will be there again this coming week…I'll report any changes I see.
YouBet
AG
Still never had the hamburger steak.
drmwvr
AG
Update- Landscaping has begun and the road has been resurfaced and striped. Anytime know what is happening on the ACND land?

YouBet
AG
Always been perplexed by that piece of land. Do something with it! Someone!

I do know that blue house backed up against the road there (to the right of that tractor outside of your picture frame) was for sale. I have no idea if that was privately owned or what.
drmwvr
AG
The north portion is privately held and and the south is owned by the ACND. Something will happen one day for sure as it is prime real estate.
drmwvr
AG
The blue house and land is private
drmwvr
AG
Bridge and dredge work from earlier today. Beautiful day to be on the water!

YouBet
AG
Boat clearance is much lower than the old bridge, right?
drmwvr
AG
It's higher than the old bridge for sure. However, I doubt I'll be able to clear it with my fixed t-top. Couldn't get close enough to know for sure due the the yellow float barrier but it didn't pass the eyeball test. Also, as I'm sure you know, the water is a foot or so low due to the winter weather so it will have less clearance during most of the year.
drmwvr
AG
Not bridge related but since the forum is slow recently, I thought I would share some work happening on the little bay south jetties. Much needed work to help stem erosion from the predominant SE wind!

YouBet
AG
Do we know when they are going to build the bird sanctuary in Aransas Bay off east side of KA?
drmwvr
AG
I believe I read that the spoil material was going to come from the KA canal dredging project (or a portion of). Not sure of the schedule of that work. Perhaps the jetty work is the first phase? The yearly HOA meeting is this coming Saturday so looking to get more info then.
Whitehouse Road
AG
The jetty repairs aren't related. Just a stand-alone project using what little funding is available to repair what can be repaired.
drmwvr
AG
Huge controlled burn (?) today on 35 between Tivoli and Lamar (on way to RP). On the other side of the road from the wildlife refuge.

TxTarpon
That has been "prime real estate" since the 1970s.
Yeah, really odd no one developed anything there.
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
It sure does look like there is some sort of new development going on with the ACND land? Last time I went by there was new signage and it looked like the mowdy rental boats were not there. You hear anything?
drmwvr
AG
Murmurs I have heard is that it will be a dry stack one day.
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

Murmurs I have heard is that it will be a dry stack one day.
Dumb question: what does this mean?
drmwvr
AG
Multi level enclosed boat storage like Cove Harbor
https://www.coveharbormarina.com/
YouBet
AG
drmwvr said:

Multi level enclosed boat storage like Cove Harbor
https://www.coveharbormarina.com/

Ah ok.
drmwvr
AG
After driving by today, it appears that the ACND is placing dredging spoils on the land they own. They are cleaning up some of the channels and canals. You can see the dredging barge in these photos.

YouBet
AG
Noticed this a couple of days ago.
drmwvr
AG
Pics of the spoil area from the water today

drmwvr
AG
Key Allegro bridge related because with the bridge complete, long overdue revetment work can begin on the south east side of the island.

YouBet
AG
When does that new bird sanctuary island get built?
drmwvr
AG
I would be surprised to ever see that built TBH
RethinkTheWeekend
AG
I look at those pictures I don't see the cranes and can only think "I hope I was on the water that day". Bay is amazingly calm in that pic and weather has been great.

They were moving a lot of stone/rocks when I have been there. This might have been crawfish fest weekend which was WAY bigger than I was anticipating and Oysterfest crawfish fest could probably be a thread on its own.
YouBet
drmwvr
AG
YB- no telling what you wanted to say but I'll answer- You Bet!
YouBet
AG
Ha. I hit Post by accident without saying anything. My only issue on this work is what happens to the ground after they are done. They have pallets down for the tractors to sit on but the ground has been murdered. I assume they are going to put grass down or do some level of repair after they are done. Can't imagine that's not in the plan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.