***Official Mariner Thread***

1,559 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by drmwvr
Burn-It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen a dedicated offshore/near
-inland mariner thread here or on OB, but I think there should be. The Gulf Coast group seems to have alot more fishing discussion than OB, so why not here?

Full disclosure, I just got a 2019 32' SeaFox center console delivered, so I'm hoping to learn from more seasoned captains & share some stuff I learn along the way.

The first thing I'm trying to figure out is the tech. My previous boats were small and never needed the level of navigation, sonar, radar, radio, engine performance, etc that this boat has. I plan to set it in the water (currently boat barn marina) & go through all the settings tomorrow. Anyone with Garmin marine experience, would love to get your feedback.

Alright, let's see if this thread gets any traction. Cheers!
AKA 13-0
drmwvr
AG
I'm in!

What part of the coast will you be boating, fishing?
Burn-It
AG
We're in the Galveston area.

Got most of the tech figured out, I think. Garmin really makes a great product. A buddy with a 2020 33' Grady White came by and was amazed how much better Garmin is compared to his Raymarine setup.

At some point, I'll need to figure out the autopilot, then start plotting some spots offshore.
AKA 13-0
Burn-It
AG
Looking for bait shops near Galveston that are boat accessible in salty water versus finding spots for cast nets. Can't get good quality salt water intakes near our home marina in Clear Lake.

Any recs in the Galveston area?
AKA 13-0
drmwvr
AG
I'm a Garmin guy 100% so that would be my vote.

I'm further down in the coastal bend (Rockport area) so don't have and live bait recommendations in your area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.